The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to VR1 to VR14 within a week?

Masuke8
Masuke8
Please share, psn me under Masuke8 or email me: shaze_dmc@hotmail.com
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find a good grinding spot and don't post it here ...
    shades.gif
  • Duerdal
    Duerdal
    ✭✭
    What's the rush?
  • Caesar Tantalia
    Caesar Tantalia
    ✭✭✭
    Duerdal wrote: »
    What's the rush?

exactly this - you're rushing towards a void. If you're able to make it, I predict your next post will be about end game.

Sincere question - what do you want to do with your VR14 char?
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...Oh, I see... You're... It's raining. I don't know what the weather outside is when I'm below the surface. My sense of time also gets dull. But I know if it's raining outside from the sound of water... It'll be over soon.

We're in V14. No 'Ghoul' can pass through here. You can't go any further than V14.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Cameron_Star
    Cameron_Star
    ✭✭
    Duerdal wrote: »
    What's the rush?

exactly this - you're rushing towards a void. If you're able to make it, I predict your next post will be about end game.

Sincere question - what do you want to do with your VR14 char?

"Where's the endgame content? This game sucks!"
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, first asks for fast way to lvl up. Then will complain about lack of content and how boring and short it was. And how much grinding he had to get to VR14. Then he will complain that he dies a lot and wants everything nerfed (because he kept fighting one type of enemy, grinding it all over again, not learning anything).
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn ppl, let the guy play as he likes......you're accosting them based on behavior from the many others before him? Stereotype much? Or is it you're worried of the new competition?

News flash: some people still enjoy the endgame we have here, AA, HRC and SO weeklies. vDSA, PvP. Get off your high horses and go poke your noses back into your quests. If I cared a little more I'd warrant a report for all this trolling.

Anyways @Masuke8 ......as @SirAndy was kind enough to suggest. You just need to find a good grind spot. What this means is when you get Cadwell's Silver go immediately to your v5 zone to grind mobs until your about v3, then cruise through the Cadwell's Silver quests to unlock gold (your v6-10 zones). Once you can, go immediately to your v10 zone and grind mobs there to v14.

Try and upgrade your armor at v9 at least. more often if you can afford it. Always try to grind with one other person as it gives an xp buff.
    Edited by Cuyler on June 30, 2015 1:25PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Caesar Tantalia
    Caesar Tantalia
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Damn ppl, let the guy play as he likes......you're accosting them based on behavior from the many others before him? Stereotype much? Or is it you're worried of the new competition?

News flash: some people still enjoy the endgame we have here, AA, HRC and SO weeklies. vDSA, PvP. Get off your high horses and go poke your noses back into your quests. If I cared a little more I'd warrant a report for all this trolling.

Anyways @Masuke8 ......as @SirAndy was kind enough to suggest. You just need to find a good grind spot. What this means is when you get Cadwell's Silver go immediately to your v5 zone to grind mobs until your about v3, then cruise through the Cadwell's Silver quests to unlock gold (your v6-10 zones). Once you can, go immediately to your v10 zone and grind mobs there to v14.

Try and upgrade your armor at v9 at least. more often if you can afford it. Always try to grind with one other person as it gives an xp buff.

I'm not a bit worried about competition - on the contrary - the more the merrier.

Like I said, my question was sincere - what does he want to do end game. If he e.g. wants to do PvP, he should not rush to VR14. He should be doing PvP now and level/learn gradually.

If he wants to do pledges / trials / DSA - fine he can grind but should be doing dungeons as well to learn mechanics and grouping techniques.

If he wants to quest to get better gear, ... then don't grind at all and enjoy the ride towards VR14.

That was my point.

And as a final FYI - after 6 months of doing the PvE end game stuff - I still like it alot - although with CP, everything tends to get a bit too easy.

• Masuke8
    Masuke8
    Cuyler wrote: »

So i guess there is no other way? VR 1 to 14 will take me like 180-250 hours of grinding
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now you need to plan V1 - V16 .. enjoy
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend