Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to level up vampire

reece1177
reece1177
I want to level up my vampire so I can start biting people but I cant seem to find a fast way unlike the werewolf does anyone have any tips?
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use Drain on all opponents. Then use ultimate as much as you can.
  • reece1177
    reece1177
    I haven't unlocked ultimate yet
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've got to level 7 in a week, it''s pretty tiresome in parts but it seems to be feeding related and drain related, once you have mist you can just cast it anytime to boost it up, it takes about 100 casts to level it up but it does go up.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • _DDMM
    _DDMM
    Soul Shriven
    I've got to level 7 in a week, it''s pretty tiresome in parts but it seems to be feeding related and drain related, once you have mist you can just cast it anytime to boost it up, it takes about 100 casts to level it up but it does go up.

What level was your character? I'm having a hard time leveling up my vamp. I'm level 17
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    that's your problem, leveling vamp at low levels is slow, painful ... vamp was never designed to be easy at low levels - the original quest had 10 x lvl 42 mobs to kill for a reason
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Cameron_Star
    Cameron_Star
    ✭✭
    I found it was purely exp based, as long as you have a vampire ability slotted.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found it was purely exp based, as long as you have a vampire ability slotted.
    even if no vampire ability slotted.
    So, you level it anyway and cannot focus leveling
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It says on the Vampire skill bar that it is increased by XP. I got a 25% increase by turning in a quest. So since questing is best source of XP, it's also the best way to raise Vampirism.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Ozymandias_13
    Ozymandias_13
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question about leveling vampire. I'm not expecting to level quickly since I'm low level but the experience between me and my roommate leveling is inconsistent. I became a vampire before him and have gone up 5 character levels since becoming a vampire and got to vampire rank 2 as of last night. He just became a vampire recently, has gained 2 character levels and hit level 2 vampire right after me. We do ALL non-solo missions together and he's a couple levels lower than me and I've even done several solo quests without him. We both use Drain Essence often.
    The only difference we've noticed between us is that he stays at stage 4 vampirism and i feed to stay around 1 or 2. Does vampirism stage have any impact on xp?
  • Juju9269
    Juju9269
    Soul Shriven
    Rick11387 wrote: »
    I have a question about leveling vampire. I'm not expecting to level quickly since I'm low level but the experience between me and my roommate leveling is inconsistent. I became a vampire before him and have gone up 5 character levels since becoming a vampire and got to vampire rank 2 as of last night. He just became a vampire recently, has gained 2 character levels and hit level 2 vampire right after me. We do ALL non-solo missions together and he's a couple levels lower than me and I've even done several solo quests without him. We both use Drain Essence often.
    The only difference we've noticed between us is that he stays at stage 4 vampirism and i feed to stay around 1 or 2. Does vampirism stage have any impact on xp?
    It doesn't. I maxed out in about 3 days. Your enemies on the quest are lvl 38 at the lowest, unless you're a higher level, so your higher lvl quests will give you better XP. I focused on the quest from Shadowfen, Eastmarch, The Rift, and then Coldharbour. I maxed long before I even finished Coldharbour. Hope that helps

• Juju9269
    Juju9269
    Soul Shriven
    **focused on the quests...
  • cerf
    cerf
    It levels up with experience whether you use the skill or not. Just as long as you're a vampire and you're questing, doing dungeons, killing enemies, etc. to get experience you should be leveling up the vampire skill line too. It just takes a really long time, especially at lower levels... I'm a lvl 30 NB and I just got lvl 2 vampire.
    PSN: sifuhoot