Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Addon] Ready Check Addon For ESO TU!

AlphaRahl
AlphaRahl
Soul Shriven
Hey everyone,

I have made a ready check addon that works in ESO TU. It is currently in Beta but I wanted to get it out to the community to take a look at. I want to thank the FTC team for the communication idea. This is using the same system as FTC does to send damage numbers between clients. I hope you all enjoy and get good use out of this. If you have any questions feel free to ask me!

Commands to know:
If you are a group leader
/rc Trigger the ready check.
/c Clear ready check from everyone's screen.

For everyone, including group leader
/yes respond with "Yes I'm ready"
/no respond with "No I'm not ready"
/c Clear ready check from your screen.

Remember you have to be in the same map for this to work at all.
Only group leaders can trigger the ready check, and clear ready check from entire groups screen.

If you have any comments:
Contact me here
Contact in game (PC NA @AlphaRahl

Enjoy everyone!
Edited by AlphaRahl on June 18, 2015 4:52AM
I stab things.
  • Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    This is so clever, I had never even thought to use maps pings to communicate across clients!
    I love Lua
    Mac: Pawkette< Templar, DC >
    PS4: Pawkette< Templar, AD >
  • AlphaRahl
    AlphaRahl
    Soul Shriven
    Alright, if you choose to use this addon please do not use the file provided here. The addon is available on Minion and will be updated via there.

Link: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1124-AlphaReadyCheck.html

The UI is complete. Features in development are listed on the minion page.
    I stab things.
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    TBH for now I find this addon useless.

Let me explain why and how to fix it:

AFAIK this addon only profits from people using this addon. Which will be a minority. And as you may have one friend with you (which you already have on TS to ask to be ready), the two randoms won't use this addon. Simply because some people don't use any addon at all, some just a few and the rest isn't eager to hunt a new addon every day.

For now, this addon only has its puprose on guilds or friends. And for that you have other more convenient options.

TL;DR All names will stay orange.

Now that you have destroyed my addon dreams, how can I fix it?

Provide options for non-addon users. Like when you start a ready-check, a predetermined (and changeable!) text will show up for the chat:
    "THIS IS THE READY-CHECK FOR OUR RUN! If you're ready, type 'ready' into the chat, if not then 'w8 plx'."

Sure you also have to look for other words like rdy, gogogo, etc. And you have to provide the ability to use custom words. Maybe a guild has a warcry like "Let's smite all Non-RPG infidels!" for a RP guild that use this one for their ready-check.

But I guess with watching the chat it will add some really nice advantages. Only one may have this addon and still it's not useless then. :)

Keep on the work, a ready-check really is needed in ESO!
  • AlphaRahl
    AlphaRahl
    Soul Shriven
    Trollwut wrote: »

AFAIK this addon only profits from people using this addon. Which will be a minority. And as you may have one friend with you (which you already have on TS to ask to be ready), the two randoms won't use this addon. Simply because some people don't use any addon at all, some just a few and the rest isn't eager to hunt a new addon every day.

For now, this addon only has its puprose on guilds or friends. And for that you have other more convenient options.

Provide options for non-addon users. Like when you start a ready-check, a predetermined (and changeable!) text will show up for the chat:
    "THIS IS THE READY-CHECK FOR OUR RUN! If you're ready, type 'ready' into the chat, if not then 'w8 plx'."

Sure you also have to look for other words like rdy, gogogo, etc. And you have to provide the ability to use custom words. Maybe a guild has a warcry like "Let's smite all Non-RPG infidels!" for a RP guild that use this one for their ready-check.

But I guess with watching the chat it will add some really nice advantages. Only one may have this addon and still it's not useless then. :)

Unfortunately what you have suggested is not possible in ESO. Addons do not have the ability to send messages to chat, or to receive messages from chat. So yes everyone will need it. Just because it does not meet your specific use case does not make it useless. My guild finds it incredibly useful. Thanks for your suggestion, sorry I can't incorporate it.
    I stab things.
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    AlphaRahl wrote: »

Just because it does not meet your specific use case does not make it useless.

And just because your guildies give you a pat doesn't make it broadly useable. I stated it already: For guilds it's awesome, but they've got alternatives for it.

Grml, it's a shame they limited the API for chat... well ok, I understand this decision.
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And just because your guildies give you a pat doesn't make it broadly useable. I stated it already: For guilds it's awesome, but they've got alternatives for it.

Grml, it's a shame they limited the API for chat... well ok, I understand this decision.
    who pissed in your trollflakes?
    limited api is limited api

use some of your troll energies and go make a better 'ready check' addon
    :trollface:
    I am sure it will be better.

Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »

"He got troll in his name, he must be troll!"

If you could have read, your answer to mine would be obsolete.
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your jedi mind tricks won't work on me . :trollface:
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Narelesh

Your jedi mind tricks won't work on me . :trollface:

Nice.. just nice lol.
    Wtf was that? Oh... this is a dream.