The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dark Elf Sorcerer skill build and questions

damiant92
damiant92
Soul Shriven
Hey guys,

So I've been reading a bunch of things on skill builds and none of them are really answering what I want.

Essentially I want to build a DPS sorcers with destruction staff. Also I've been using mostly light armor and a mixture of fire/frost/lightning staffs. What should I be sticking to mostly?

Also another question is what should I be spending my health/magika/stamina skill points on. Currently I'm lvl 20 and I have 8 magika and 11 Heath. I'm not sure where I should keep going with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • damiant92
    damiant92
    Soul Shriven
    I want to be strong but yet possess a decent amount of health as well so I don't get killed all the time. As of now I'm doing fine I just need some help for future levels and what not.
    At this moment my armor had both increases on magika and health as well. Mostly more on magika.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance. FYI I'm dealing with a 5/1/1 ( light, medium, heavy ) with the heavy armor being the chest and medium being the waist.

I also just hit level 21 so I'm not sure what to put my skill point towards considering I have 8 magika and 11 health with 1 point pending.

Also what's a good bar set up? Thanks for your patience. I've read that you want a strong attack and then something like encase or something to slow down the enemy and what not. What would you guys recommended for a PvP type style of skills to have equipped?

Currently for my bar I, I have : crystal blast III, mages wrath I, crushing shock I, Encase I, and unstable clannfear I with power overload I as my ultimate spell.

For bar 2 I have : the first 3 are the same then I have flame clench, then unstable clannfear, then for ultimate spell I have power overload.

Thanks again in advance. Sorry I'm new to this
    Edited by damiant92 on July 1, 2015 6:36AM
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wont tell you how to skill up since that really depends on your own style of play but I can give you some general tips that might be helpful.

As a Dark Elf you have bonus fire damage, so a flame destro staff is going to be the key to your highest DPS. Skills with burning effects will only help in this area.

In terms of armour, 5 light is a good choice since it gives you all of the light armour passives around spell penetration etc. You might want to consider reserving chest, legs or helm for your 2 piece medium/heavy items though since they will give you the highest return on spell & physical resistance (making you tougher overall). As you level up undaunted having a medium & heavy mixed in with your 5 light will also give you higher max magicka, health and stamina which is something to look forward to down the track.

Typically in end game sorcs will stack their attribute points in to magicka and rely on wards (hardened ward, harness magicka, healing ward) for their survivability, this also frees up your armour glyphs for magicka. Overall as a sorcerer your DPS potential is based on three things in combination, your spell power, spell penetration and max magicka - the higher they are the more damage you can deal and coincidentally the stronger your wards will be. The rest is up to your bar skills and play style..

Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • damiant92
    damiant92
    Soul Shriven
    Ok thanks for your help. I've been using mostly lightning staffs at this point cause they have more damage than my fire staff does but I'll go ahead and switch it up and also focus on having my helmet and legs for medium/heavy armor.

I really need help with what to use my skill points on if anyone can help me out with that, that would be great cause I'm kinda stuck.

Thanks