Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

What are surveys and what do I do with them?

MilwaukeeScott
MilwaukeeScott
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I'm a lvl 10 noob. I spend more time reading guides and learning about the game than I do playing.

So, what are surveys and what do I do with them? I know absolutely nothing about them.
PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Writs" are daily crafting quests that require you to first be certified via two (2) different trainers located in your first major city. Go get certified in any of six the (6) different crafting skills.

Once certified you can pick up a writ from either the "consumables" and/or the "equipment" writ poster boards located in every major city. This writ will request you to craft an item(s) relating to the type of writ you've chosen.

The reward for doing a writ can sometimes include a rare reward, that is a "survey". The survey is a map outlining the location of rich deposits of materials.

Happy hunting!
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Ratbert
    Ratbert
    ✭✭
    Aren't the survey's the blue maps that lead you to loot/materials?

If you read them they point you to a location to find increased loot/materials. However I can never really read them and always end up googling the survey to find someone who has marked it on a map.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    The reward for doing a writ can sometimes include a rare reward, that is a "survey". The survey is a map outlining the location of rich deposits of materials.

Happy hunting!

Thank you very much!

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratbert wrote: »
    Aren't the survey's the blue maps that lead you to loot/materials?

If you read them they point you to a location to find increased loot/materials. However I can never really read them and always end up googling the survey to find someone who has marked it on a map.

Generally this is the easiest way yes. I'm on Pc so we have addons for that ;)
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]