The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elusive Mist vs. Dark Cloak in PvP

Regicidus
Regicidus
Soul Shriven
Is there any reason to use Elusive Mist over Dark Cloak? I've used both a decent amount in PvP and find that Dark Cloak is pretty much always more useful to me
Can someone explain to me what Elusive Most has over it?
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clock is better because of the dot removal. Ive seen some tank builds that have low mobility use elusive mist so they can move around faster.
    Edited by Kobaal on June 30, 2015 10:57PM
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • Regicidus
    Regicidus
    Soul Shriven
    To be honest I think unmorphed cloak would serve me better than Elusive Mist... is it worth being a vampire just for bat swarm and the passives?
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Regicidus wrote: »
    To be honest I think unmorphed cloak would serve me better than Elusive Mist... is it worth being a vampire just for bat swarm and the passives?

That mist is great i have dark cloak and mist say you fighting a guy and hessupper low but his friends jump in . you run for him pop mist cant be stund get close block to come out gefore it end and finsh him
    Edited by chevalierknight on July 1, 2015 2:46AM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the enemy use piercing mark or large aoe, elusive mist is better than dark cloak. But for most of the case, cloak is better.
    Elusive mist is also goot when a door is filled with oil or ballista, you don't take a lot of damage when in mist form and you can pass easily, most of enemy will not even see you with all the visual effect.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use both for different situations, as well as clouding swarm.

AoE's can knock you out of cloak, and elusive mist can get you through them and things like caltrops and oil and give you a bit of time to set up your cloak. also detect pots don't go through elusive mist -_-

same with clouding swarm, you can use it to rez in normally unrezable situations because you cannot be targeted, and use it when surrounded to set up a dark cloak, as they will scatter and try to avoid the bats, then pre cast dark cloak cause you can still cast while bat swarming, they wait for the bats to go away and you to come back, but you never do.

my favorite maneuver to break up good blobs is what I call the "Dracula" and to pop clouding swarm and fear your way through them, then mist and cloak away. good blobs are very good, but simultaneous fear and swarm damage to all of them at once with no idea where its coming from and you will find them just as broken as pub zergs :smiley:

utility skills are some of the most fun in pvp
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Cloak is stronger but mist is more reliable.

I'm sure everyone agrees that Cloak is awesome but you can't really rely on it while fighting multiples since there's a huge chance at least one of them has a detection potion and that's enough for everyone to see you and zerg you down.

I prefer cloak obviously but at least with mist you know what to expect.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a NB i don't see a reason to be a vampire, the one class where I'd go WW over Vampire regardless of build.

Every other class benefits from elusive mist due to the lack of dark cloak, it doesn't remove dots but it gives you the mitigation and mobility you need.
    The Age of Wrobel.