The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

General value of items

Yaillen
Yaillen
Hi Guys,

I found a question @Zameri hasn't covered yet. On the PS4 (Europe Megaserver), I've joined several trading guilds to sell my goods. However, I just lack enormous experience of sales prices and reasonable value of things.
I'm only a lvl 13 Nightblade and I was trying to commit to every single crafting proffesion which I just realized is impossible. Therefor, I chose to leave the crafting for my (future) alts and focus solely on the game mechanics and combat.

So.. I'm ready to drop a ton of materials on those multiple guild stores.. but for how much gold!? What is reasonable!?
I'm not so much interested in any exact value, but can you please supply me with some basic ESO-economy knowledge?

What's the value of herbs? Is there a single/few herbs that sell for more gold?
What's the value of iron ore vs iron ignots? Those this apply to maple/jute too?
Whats the increase of value from iron to steel and so on? Does this apply to maple/jute too?
What's the value of Enchanting mats? green/blue/purple and so on?
What's the value of provisioning mats? are there any particular (white) mats that I need to keep an eye on?

I think I will continue to steal and search for various gear, maybe even collect motifs/research on my main so I'm ready to craft endgame. For now I need some serious cashflow to expand my bank/bags and feed the horses..

Thank you very much for your replies! I know I ask a lot of you!
  • Hailjan_Sanctorum
    Hailjan_Sanctorum
    Soul Shriven
    This is of course a hard issue to solve on console since you don't have add-ons available to you to scan and track prices in guild stores.

I will just scratch the surface here and let others add to this.

Just for a few basics that I have noticed on the PC. Raw crafting materials are always more sought after then refined since they yield trait materials as well as item improvement materials. I have see full stacks of raw materials go for 4,000 gold. For a full stack of refined materials it is safe to price low level stacks at anywhere form 1,200 gold to 2,000 gold depend on the market, and demand for the materials.

Aspect Runes for enchanting are can be a pain to find at higher levels and can get expensive. Kuta for example can fetch 2K+ gold a piece and Rekuta can be anywhere form 400-600 gold (never just give these guys away). Ta is very common and really is not worth selling in a guild store most of the time. Jejota and Denata are toss ups as well unless but can fetch you 50 gold (Jejota) or 120 gold (Denata) a piece.

What is hard to come by for a lot of enchanters (or at least it was for me when ESO came out however long ago that was) are potency ruins. I am not sure what the market looks like for you on this but just take a look and you will find that you are sitting on a lot of gold if you have a few stacks of these. They are critical to leveling enchanting.
  • Yaillen
    Yaillen
    Thanks for the information!
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I do to find prices is go to one of the major trade hubs (Mournhold for EP, Wayrest for DC, Rawl'ka for AD or Belkarth in Craglorn) and look for the prices of the item I want to sell. I filter out the underpriced ones and go for the low end of the average price range.

In general, you can sell raw materials much easier than refined stuff. The refined materials sellable are mostly only the highest grade materials (for max. level crafting writs), meaning Nightwood, Voidsteel, Voidcloth, and Shadow Hide.

On PC, herbs go for 100 gold each, but only the usable ones (e.g. no shrooms except for Namira's Rot and Blue Entelooma). Columbine, Bugloss, Mountain Flower and Namira's Rot can go for up to 250 gold each.

Kuta on PC is approximately 5000 gold, as are Dreugh Wax and Tempering Alloy. Rosin is slightly less.

As to items, only ever bother to put in set items. Blue and purple random items are better deconstructed and the upgrade materials sold directly. This has the side benefit of leveling your craft lines. White and green stuff I generally just sell to NPC or use for researching traits.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    The other question to ask is "What is the point of having more gold?" ... you need to work out what you want the gold for and how much you need for gaming enjoyment.

Having hundreds of thousands of gold in your purse is of no value if it just sits in your purse.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Yaillen
    Yaillen
    Thanks for the info Leandor! This really helps me out!

@OzJohnD for now I'm spending all my cash on horse feeding, 500g (2 characters) seems to be a lot on this low level. In addition, increasing bank and bag sizes is also huge money dump! In the end this will result in even more profits ofcourse.

For now I want to be able to gather as much stuff as possible to make money, but in the end I want to be "in the wild" for most of the time. After I got enough bank/bag space to make this happen I will start spending money on certain crafting mats and gear.