Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mad Gods Bargain not triggering

Roarcach
Roarcach
Soul Shriven
I cant find Shalidor anywhere.... I went to riftens mages guild but when I talk to Valaste the only response I could give is goodbye. And yes im lvl 5 mages guild and my char is lvl 47 and I checked all the other mages guild in my faction and cold harbour, I've also contacted support but even they do not know what happened. Is there anyone else who has this problem or maybe someone who solved this problem if yes please help me. Thx
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you complete all the other mage guild quests??
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • ZOS_MaryB
    Moved thread to correct location: NPC Guilds.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base

Staff Post
  • cromahn
    cromahn
    ✭✭
    I am having the same issues. I have finished it all before this quest.
  • goodmrtumnus
    goodmrtumnus
    Soul Shriven
    I am also having this problem. Mage's Guild is rank 6, and I have completed all prerequisite quests but the quest is not triggering.

My character is level 43.
  • goodmrtumnus
    goodmrtumnus
    Soul Shriven
    I was able to accept the quest in Riften from Valaste after I reached level 7.
  • clock_stoppa
    clock_stoppa
    Soul Shriven
    I am also level 5 Mages Guild & VR1. I cannot get this quest either. Been to every guild in Ebonheart & no luck
  • Mattreed1986
    Mattreed1986
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, I am level 46, Mages guild level 5. I have also been to every Mage guild in Ebonheart with no avail.

The quest line has also disappeared from my journal. Valeste is no longer in Riften but when she was and I had completed the prior quest, all I could say was goodbye, there was no other option.

At the time, I was not Mages Guild 5 but on the border of turning, I would advise those doing the Mages quest line to make sure they are level 5 prior to the aforementioned.

However, if you are reading this, it is probably too late :disappointed:
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_TristanK Is there a bug whereby the access requirement for this quest was inadvertently changed from Mages Guild Rank 5 to something higher? I'm seeing this issue way too often for it to be a simple invisible NPC issue.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was having this exact same issue and finally found a fix by accident.
    I made a second character in the same faction (AD), and ran round doing a few quests. When I re logged to my main and went back to the stater area mages guild, Shalidor was there waiting with the prompt to start the quest.
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
  • Mattreed1986
    Mattreed1986
    Soul Shriven
    Dazza1968 wrote: »
    I was having this exact same issue and finally found a fix by accident.
    I made a second character in the same faction (AD), and ran round doing a few quests. When I re logged to my main and went back to the stater area mages guild, Shalidor was there waiting with the prompt to start the quest.

I'll try this tonight when I get home and report in after. Thanks.
    Edited by Mattreed1986 on July 1, 2015 9:00AM