Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help prompting last mage guild quest

swanvalkyrie
swanvalkyrie
✭✭
Hi All,

Was wondering how to get the last mage guild quest? I have done all the previous ones and was wondering if I need to read more lore books to get the mage skill line up to 5 for this to force prompt the quest? Otherwise that's going to be a bit of a pain as you can't use addons for console

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep im sure you need rank 5 to prompt it
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm rank 6 and still had no prompt to start last quest, bugged maybe?

Anyone know where Shalidor appears to trigger mad gods bargin on the dominion side?
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

Nice one thank you kind sir.

XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
  • swanvalkyrie
    swanvalkyrie
    ✭✭
    Hi guys! Thanks for the help! I had level 4 and spent a little bit of time last night getting a few more lore books and got to level 5 mage guild quest, went straight to the mages guild and seen Shalidor and got the quest! Pretty stoked got through it my first time and beat haskil at level 37! When I played on PC it took me a long time and I had to stop doing the quest and level up to at least 45-50 before I beat him. So yeah I'm pretty stoked, I know a lot of other people get it done early but considering I beat my old character... yeah :D Thanks for all your help!
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still looking for Shalidor to start this quest on dominion side, level 6 in mages quild aswell.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
  • swanvalkyrie
    swanvalkyrie
    ✭✭
    If you have the mage guild skill quest at least 5, then all quests should be available. I went to Alkir Desert and to the front of the mages guild and he was there. Keep in mind sometimes the NPCs have been invisible. Also take note if you are already on a mage guild quest and don't realise :)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dazza1968 wrote: »
    Still looking for Shalidor to start this quest on dominion side, level 6 in mages quild aswell.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
    You should be able to start the quest at any Mages Guild hall after reached Guild Rank 5. But as others have said, there can be issues where Shalidor is invisible.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally found a 'fix' for this by making a second character in the same faction, running round doing a few quests then re logging to main character. When I went back to the starting areas mages guild Shalidor was there waiting with the quest prompt .
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ