Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

sorcerer Builds

K1ngMatr1x
K1ngMatr1x
Soul Shriven
I'm a new player looking for some guidance on how to build a sorc at a low lvl and what are some of the keys skills to lvl up. Im playing on Ps4 as a Khajiit in the Ebonhart alliance
  • K1ngMatr1x
    K1ngMatr1x
    Soul Shriven
    ^
  • dingo619
    dingo619
    Soul Shriven
    I am a sorc as well in the ebonheart pact but on the X1. I found it very helpful to spend the first 10 or so levels attributes evenly and spending skill points on your class abilities. ( your summoned creatures will become very helpful when you are weakened as if you move enough they will draw the attacks and you will be able to regen). Later levels I worked on more magicka and stamina than health. ( Health currently has 8 attribute points, but with my armor and upgrades I have over 11,000 hp) also later levels I worked a lot of weapon skills to help in battle keeping my summoned creatures upgraded as well. I hope this helps and you have fun.

Btw I just reached level 45 and its been pretty smooth sailing only stumbling around fire mages and fire bosses because I'm a vampire as well.
  • CuteLilBunny
    CuteLilBunny
    ✭✭
    dingo619 wrote: »
    I am a sorc as well in the ebonheart pact but on the X1. I found it very helpful to spend the first 10 or so levels attributes evenly and spending skill points on your class abilities. ( your summoned creatures will become very helpful when you are weakened as if you move enough they will draw the attacks and you will be able to regen). Later levels I worked on more magicka and stamina than health. ( Health currently has 8 attribute points, but with my armor and upgrades I have over 11,000 hp) also later levels I worked a lot of weapon skills to help in battle keeping my summoned creatures upgraded as well. I hope this helps and you have fun.

Btw I just reached level 45 and its been pretty smooth sailing only stumbling around fire mages and fire bosses because I'm a vampire as well.

Quick question, race, weapon and can u solo?
    Shouriko Dark Elf Ebonheart Pact

When the housecat gives away your position.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• sirhellraiser
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    K1ngMatr1x wrote: »
    I'm a new player looking for some guidance on how to build a sorc at a low lvl and what are some of the keys skills to lvl up. Im playing on Ps4 as a Khajiit in the Ebonhart alliance

First step would be to delete your Khajiit sorc now before you regret it later and demand a race chance. Roll an Altmer or a Breton.
    :trollin:
  • Sigh89
    Sigh89
    you can respec so don't worry too much
    im currently going 2:1 magicka:health (havent had trouble w/ survival since i have my little minion to tank)
    you should put a point into the first ability of all of your class trees so you can level them all.
    also you can buy things from the mage's guild early on, look for the ones that boost exp for skill lines!
    IGN: Sigh89 (feel free to add me, I'm a new player on PC!)
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »

Or go to www.tamrielfoundry.com and read the work of real theorycrafters.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭

playstyle will be a bit different without the flexibility of the keyboard and mouse combination, but the principles still hold.

For a lot more detail on theorycrafting, as Thelon suggests, Tamriel Foundry is great

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• tehjagjr
    tehjagjr
    Soul Shriven
    K1ngMatr1x wrote: »

Hey K1ngMatr1x, I'm a Sorcerer too in the Ebonheart Pact but on XB1.

I mainly just try and do as many quests as possible and try and venture to high level and test yourself.

When you're level 10-30/40, don't focus on a lot of skills, focus on things your play style is geared to. If you find your running out of Magicka, look for potion's or skills that give you more. If you're getting low on health, grab some food, skills or better armour.

I found useful for the first 10-20 is to have your summoned creatures tank groups of enemies and you finish them off. Making your own Gear and Equipment is also a bonus as you can enchant the things you want such as more Magicka or Health when you need it.

As a few people have mentioned
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    [how accurate is that site seems he does not play on console

http://deltiasgaming.com/2014/10/03/leveling-guide/

The above link is pretty good as I started 2 weeks ago and I'm just about to tip into VR 1 and I'm learning new things every day. The tooltips on the loading screen is also amazing.

"Pick a Direction and Run"

This is one of the best tips the game has given you, just go out and find mobs and end them.

Hope you are enjoying playing!

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Pick a Direction and Run"

QFT .... before I leave an area I explore the whole map just in case I missed something interesting. Good way to pick up Lorebooks, Skyshards and hidden quests especially on a console where you can't have add-ons to help make sure you don't miss anything important.

ESO is made to explore, don't rush to end-game ... unless you are into group trials or PvP, ESO is pretty dead end-game