The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Kitesquad™ Vol. 2 || A Noricum and Friends PvP Video || Smallscaling with 3-5 people || NB PoV

• Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a difference between 40 and 60fps should be because of the 2 things i've changed (shadows and viewing distance) - we can agree on that

But fps drops below 25 are definitly because of the cpu limitation. Readout your cpu and gpu load while fighting huge zergs and you'll see by yourself.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Yuke wrote: »
    i5 3570K + gtx970

I run a i7 3770k and a gtx 980.. my fps is way lower in those kind of fights :open_mouth:
    Gimme ya options and ya monitor resolution! :D

It´s a "problem" with the wide screen resolution you´re using. I´ve been playing on 3440x1440 and the games performance was worse than 3840x2160 that i´m playing on now (same hardware). Biggest performance increase on widescreen for me was greatly reduced viewing distance (<50%).

I have no idea why though bc the game is completely cpu bottlenecked in pvp anyway.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    i5 3570K + gtx970

I run a i7 3770k and a gtx 980.. my fps is way lower in those kind of fights :open_mouth:

It´s a "problem" with the wide screen resolution you´re using. I´ve been playing on 3440x1440 and the games performance was worse than 3840x2160 that i´m playing on now (same hardware). Biggest performance increase on widescreen for me was greatly reduced viewing distance (<50%).

I have no idea why though bc the game is completely cpu bottlenecked in pvp anyway.

Funny thing though, my cpu is hardly at 50% load when my fps drop to 20... It's a stock clock atm 3.4 Ghz, I just bought a new radiator so I'll try getting it over 4 this weekend to see if that makes any difference
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    i5 3570K + gtx970

Getting 15 more fps now, at least out of fight. Thanks again! :P
    Tomorrow I will look if I get my cpu to 4.5 or something.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i oced further (from 4.2 to 4.4) on my i5 3570k and even this small change was noticeable
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

Funny thing though, my cpu is hardly at 50% load when my fps drop to 20... It's a stock clock atm 3.4 Ghz, I just bought a new radiator so I'll try getting it over 4 this weekend to see if that makes any difference

when im engaged in big fights (50 players or so) my gpu load drops from 90-99% down to 10%. GPU is so useless in those situations, that It even *** downclocks to save energy. Whole *** fight seems to be calculated over the CPU instead...
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel