The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

question about delves.

MaximumAttackG
MaximumAttackG
✭✭✭
what constitutes a delve being marked as complete? idk how many times ive went intonone killed the boss and had the dungeon not marked as complete, this happened afew times in cyrodiil where id go to the delve and it not even registering thats its there on my map. am I missing something?
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The delves in Cyrodiil have multiple bosses, like public dungeons do in the PvE zones. You have to kill them all.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several addons that mark the boss locations in devles (highly recommended). Most delves have at least six bosses.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • MaximumAttackG
    MaximumAttackG
    ✭✭✭
    sweet, I must have just missed a boss. ill go back and check. Thank you!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several addons that mark the boss locations in devles (highly recommended). Most delves have at least six bosses.
    That's not true at all. Outside of Cyrodiil all delves only have 1 boss, and in Cyrodiil delves generally have from 1-4 bosses. Off the top of my head I can think of one delve that has 5, but I can't think of any that have 6, let alone more than 6.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I meant public dungeons.
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • MaximumAttackG
    MaximumAttackG
    ✭✭✭
    one delve in particular is Bloodmayne Cave I havent been able to complete it, it appears to have one boss that is always there but the other wont seem to spawn for me, im not sure.

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Check for achievements in your Journal, I think under Exploration. There you will find the delves, and which bosses you have killed. The boss mechanics for Cyrodil can be pretty brutal, as often only 1 or two boss is up at the same time. You have to kill it before the other boss will spawn. And the kicker is there is no guarantee the boss you just killed will not respawn instead of the boss you need. You might have to kill the same boss multiple times before the one you need spawns.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • MaximumAttackG
    MaximumAttackG
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Check for achievements in your Journal, I think under Exploration. There you will find the delves, and which bosses you have killed. The boss mechanics for Cyrodil can be pretty brutal, as often only 1 or two boss is up at the same time. You have to kill it before the other boss will spawn. And the kicker is there is no guarantee the boss you just killed will not respawn instead of the boss you need. You might have to kill the same boss multiple times before the one you need spawns.

brilliant, just the information I was looking for thanks man!
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your achievemts there's a achievement for each delve wich states wich bosses u have to kill
    Also in cyro some bosses have ridiculous long respawn times, dunno if that's been fixed
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your achievemts there's a achievement for each delve wich states wich bosses u have to kill
    Also in cyro some bosses have ridiculous long respawn times, dunno if that's been fixed

Boss respawn doesn't take longer than standard mobs do. It's just like @Ourorboros said: If you don't kill a boss there is no chance that another boss will spawn. So you could wait forever.