The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About playing eso connected to wifi!

theroniest87
Just wanted to know if in the future ill be able to play connected to WiFi! Right now I can only play with the internet cable! If it will be possible id like to know if I have to wait for a long time for that to happen!
VICTORIA NON PRAEDA
MEMENTO MORI

Best Answer

• jpp
    jpp
    ✭✭✭
    It can be wifi and ESO - it happens that connection is broken and most of programs can handle this by reconnecting, it seems that ESO (and I hava some experience with this situation) just disconnectes instead of trying to reconnect.
    Answer ✓
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you on a console?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't able to play ESO over a Wifi connection, then the problem is on your end.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Granted WiFi isn't a full-duplex medium...you can still play just fine over WiFi.

Investigate your Wireless Access Point / PC to determine why you can't play over WiFi.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • theroniest87
    I can play but it crashes after 10 mins, sorry I didn't mention that!
    VICTORIA NON PRAEDA
    MEMENTO MORI
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here for me. I can play any other game via wifi on my PS4, use Netflix or Hulu or whatever, but not ESO. I just plug my router in to my PS4. Doesn't make a difference to me. Besides, it opens up wifi for the other folks in the house. I suspect that ESO is a wifi hogger.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many things that can interfer with Wireless that is why your wired connection is better.

First, get a program like Net Stumbler and see if there are any other Access Points on the same frequency as yours.

Second, how many people are on your wireless router? Some routers don't like more than one or two connections. The WRT-54G that sells every where pukes all over itself if more than one person is connected to it.

Third, even if you don't have the piece of junk I mentioned above, your router may not have the throughput or connections capacity to handle what your doing with it. Although, that can affect Wired as much as Wireless, it all depends on the unit.

My money is on there are too many APs in your area that are on the same frequency. Which is why I run two 600 mW APs in my house and that keeps the entire culdesac off of my channel.
    Edited by Nestor on June 30, 2015 8:20PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console discussion? This isn't where I parked my car...

*slowly backs away*
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO on both PC and XB1 over Wifi work perfectly fine for me, always have.
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have never played ESO without Wi-fi, on five different systems (no consoles).
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • theroniest87
    I play on xbox and it worked just fine in the beggining, that's what I cant explain! Its been like 1 week or more that I'm having the crashing problem while connected to WiFi! I might be wrong but I think its a random bug of the game like many others! I know its not easy a game of this kind to be without problems, I'm just trying to figure out if it will ever change! I don't have a big problem playing with the cable plugged in, just cant play in my bedroom anymore lol
    VICTORIA NON PRAEDA
    MEMENTO MORI
  • ThePeskyCrow
    ThePeskyCrow
    ✭✭
    I play on xbox and it worked just fine in the beggining, that's what I cant explain! Its been like 1 week or more that I'm having the crashing problem while connected to WiFi! I might be wrong but I think its a random bug of the game like many others! I know its not easy a game of this kind to be without problems, I'm just trying to figure out if it will ever change! I don't have a big problem playing with the cable plugged in, just cant play in my bedroom anymore lol

Easiest solution figure out whats wrong on your end. Don't wait for a fix that may never come because the problem may not even be on their end. Taking the proactive approach and securing that the problem is not on your end is step 1. :V
    I ate your sweet roll! Kaw~ :v
  • theroniest87
    I've tried everything you can find on internet, I've even managed to open the damn NAT! I don't really know what the problem on my end could be!
    VICTORIA NON PRAEDA
    MEMENTO MORI
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im using a neighbor's wifi who lives half mile from me. The latency varies from 100-150 ms. Its prob not good enough for pvp but most pve etc it is fine.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on PC over WiFi... even stream to twitch while playing on WiFi and I'm fine.. but... I'm still amazingly close (although through a wall - hence no hardwire) to my router and whatnot.. PS4 I play hardwire though. It seems EVERYTHING on the PS4 is terrible on WiFi :(
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • theroniest87
    That's why I think it might be random! My WiFi is awesome so I don't think the problem is on my end but everyone might have their doubts of course! All I'm asking right now is that at least they should check it and let us know if its on their end! I'm certainly not the only one with the issue so I think there's enough reasons to check it up!
    VICTORIA NON PRAEDA
    MEMENTO MORI
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: Are you with Comcast, Time Warner or Centurylink?

I am with Comcast and have had a similar issue. According to my rep with them, the signal required tends to slow down wi-fi signal significantly due to the amount of data needing transferred, particularly when you have multiple wi-fi devices in use at the time. Once I wired it it solved the problem and the rest of the house still had wi-fi.
  • theroniest87
    I live in England and I'm with virgin lol
    VICTORIA NON PRAEDA
    MEMENTO MORI
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    No problems with WIFI also boosted the signal through a repeater ;) Rarely have lag in Cyrodiil. At least since my ISP has rebooted the modem from their end... or maybe updated the firmware. Not sure... I had some troubles through May. But it seems the ISP was able to fix it.

I even used to play ESO through my mobile Internet Stick. But thats maybe a country specific thing.
    Edited by Pendrillion on June 30, 2015 9:41PM