The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Best healer build?

FlounderOG
FlounderOG
✭✭✭
Well Ive been getting into PvP a lot the last week or so, and I keep hearing more and more calls for healers and revives/ect.

Basically I made a templar and want to be the best support player that ever lived. Im just not sure how.

Currently:
-Breton
-DC
-all skill points in restoring light and restoration staff.
-working on my clothing skill.

Is there much else to do? What would your version of a god tier healer be?
-Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
Haderus Main
Tavia Guest
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have God tier healers in my guild so i know it can be done! You need magicka recovery, so learn how to craft the seducer armor set in heavy, medium, and light, at the very least. If you haven't started learning to craft, get busy on it. Start saving up for the healer set too.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might not be the best... but I love the kragenacs hope with healer set.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best templar healers know how to survive. A dead healer is useful for noone. Up to your group to keep you alive as well but you need to be able to survive a high burst on yourself. Full light armor with magicka maxed is not going to do that.
  • FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    Would heavy armor be a viable option to stay alive, but also have enough magica bonuses to suit the role? If so what armor would be best?

I'm wanting to be the ultimate team player, healing, protecting from seige, reviving, and repairing. Im just not sure on rhe specifics.

Is heavy armor with a resto staff a terrible idea?
    -Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    breton is probably the best class imo for healer. run two resto staves mixed with temp abilities. some of the most usfull skills are breathe of life, healing springs, cleansing ritual, radiant aura, combat prayer, and an argumen for shards also. barrier and the templar healing ult are good to use. for now use seducer set and when you get to end game your gear will depend on your budget/ time. remeber spell damage is important to for higher heals so strictly tacking recovery is not necessarily the best option. although u would suggest using drink not food and the atronach mundus stone this will help tremendously with your recovery allowing u to go spell damage on some gear. imo seducer set is a little redundant with the breton passives, mundus stone and drink at endgame. I run 7 pc light armor as a dps in trials, so i do not see a problem running 7pc light. that said, once you get the undaunted passives it is probably best to go with a 5pc light, 1pc med, 1pc, heavy to gain the max from that passive.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    breton is probably the best class imo for healer. run two resto staves mixed with temp abilities. some of the most usfull skills are breathe of life, healing springs, cleansing ritual, radiant aura, combat prayer, and an argumen for shards also. barrier and the templar healing ult are good to use. for now use seducer set and when you get to end game your gear will depend on your budget/ time. remeber spell damage is important to for higher heals so strictly tacking recovery is not necessarily the best option. although u would suggest using drink not food and the atronach mundus stone this will help tremendously with your recovery allowing u to go spell damage on some gear. imo seducer set is a little redundant with the breton passives, mundus stone and drink at endgame. I run 7 pc light armor as a dps in trials, so i do not see a problem running 7pc light. that said, once you get the undaunted passives it is probably best to go with a 5pc light, 1pc med, 1pc, heavy to gain the max from that passive.

trials is not pvp
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol sorry your raight. i should read better. ya I would run with a 5pc light, 2pc heavy, and a sheild or two then like sun sheild and the light armor sheild.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    purge is also a necessary skill
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlounderOG wrote: »
    Would heavy armor be a viable option to stay alive, but also have enough magica bonuses to suit the role? If so what armor would be best?

I'm wanting to be the ultimate team player, healing, protecting from seige, reviving, and repairing. Im just not sure on rhe specifics.

Try out 3 Heavy and 4 Light armor to start with and see how that works. Go with the Heavy armor on the large pieces like chest, legs, helm and shoulders. Toss in a couple nirnhoned traits for extra spell resistance as well.

Heavy armor and a resto staff is only a bad idea if it doesn't work :wink: Get your armor/build done and you'll be fine with it. Toss in a Blazing Shield also for extra protection.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    FlounderOG wrote: »

Try out 3 Heavy and 4 Light armor to start with and see how that works. Go with the Heavy armor on the large pieces like chest, legs, helm and shoulders. Toss in a couple nirnhoned traits for extra spell resistance as well.

Heavy armor and a resto staff is only a bad idea if it doesn't work :wink: Get your armor/build done and you'll be fine with it. Toss in a Blazing Shield also for extra protection.

ya i am currently using a 7pc heavy dual resto build for pvp