Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Did 6/29/15 patch break scroll gate D ticks?

Zheg
Zheg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
On Azura's tonight EP pushed past warden for DC's scroll, we wiped them twice literally on top of the scroll gate, and me and a group waited at least 15 minutes for the D tick that never happened. It's possible we missed it, but I watch for those like it's my job, and no one else saw it. @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_BrianWheeler did you guys break the D ticks at scroll gates with your crucial sound improvement patch this morning?

Can anyone else confirm if these are still working? Again, it's possible we missed it and they're working fine, but my gut says that the patch broke it, after all, it was an ESO patch.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You nerfed my chains, you took away my deer,

But ZoS, you go too far...
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True story - The temple "zone" for Northern High Rock does *NOT* extend all the way to the gate. It ends/begins near the river.

I submitted multiple bug reports about this.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    True story - The temple "zone" for Northern High Rock does *NOT* extend all the way to the gate. It ends/begins near the river.

Hmm, so this was an existing bug that's just been left in for months. I'm surprised I never noticed it before - even though usually we're fighting at the southern scroll gate and not northern.

The eclipse spamming guards still bug you out every time you use jesus beam and make you unable to do anything till you wep swap/dodge roll/do the hokey pokey ... was REALLY hoping that would've been fixed with yesterday's patch -_-

Guess we just chalk this up to a long list of neglected Cyrodiil bugs, and not something that was introduced with the patch yesterday if @Joy_Division says this bug was in effect already.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

Hmm, so this was an existing bug that's just been left in for months. I'm surprised I never noticed it before - even though usually we're fighting at the southern scroll gate and not northern.

The eclipse spamming guards still bug you out every time you use jesus beam and make you unable to do anything till you wep swap/dodge roll/do the hokey pokey ... was REALLY hoping that would've been fixed with yesterday's patch -_-

Guess we just chalk this up to a long list of neglected Cyrodiil bugs, and not something that was introduced with the patch yesterday if @Joy_Division says this bug was in effect already.

For months after this game was launched I missed countless defensive ticks because I was a good soldier and did what was good for the Daggerfall Covenant. Since I became a disciple of D-tick, I have become fanatical in ensuring I stay for them because I am resentful at having missed hundreds of thousands of AP. So I now remember - vividly - every incident when I miss a tick and know exactly where I was and what I was doing. The first time I missed a Northern High Rock tick, I thought it was because I was at the actual gate and not behind it. The second time I missed it I was more than a healing springs distance away from the gate. I went back toward the temple hunting for stealthers (who I thought was holding up the tick), but when I got to that littler river I saw ESO's UI indicate that I was entering the Temple Zone.

I don't *think* the other Temple Zones are bugged in this way (I can tell your Southern Morrowind is not, I got a tick waiting at the gate there), but Northern High Rock is.
    Edited by Joy_Division on June 30, 2015 1:48PM
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

For months after this game was launched I missed countless defensive ticks because I was a good soldier and did what was good for the Daggerfall Covenant. Since I became a disciple of D-tick, I have become fanatical in ensuring I stay for them because I am resentful at having missed hundreds of thousands of AP. So I now remember - vividly - every incident when I miss a tick and know exactly where I was and what I was doing. The first time I missed a Northern High Rock tick, I thought it was because I was at the actual gate and not behind it. The second time I missed it I was more than a healing springs distance away from the gate. I went back toward the temple hunting for stealthers (who I thought was holding up the tick), but when I got to that littler river I saw ESO's UI indicate that I was entering the Temple Zone.

I don't *think* the other Temple Zones are bugged in this way (I can tell your Southern Morrowind is not, I got a tick waiting at the gate there), but Northern High Rock is.

I felt like a moron telling my group to wait for the tick for many minutes, because I KNOW I've gotten D ticks at those gates before, but I guess it was always at southern high rock.
    Edited by Zheg on June 30, 2015 1:54PM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know but it broke my load screens, I had to close the game 3 times while porting last night.

rip decibel
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I felt like a moron telling my group to wait for the tick for many minutes, because I KNOW I've gotten D ticks at those gates before, but I guess it was always at southern high rock.

@Joy_Division is correct enough to refer to himself in the third person here. I would never lead one astray when it comes to the Gospal of Dee Tick.

Here I am *inside* the Temple of Ni-Mohk Gate, as you can see that's not an insignificant distance away.

Screenshot_20150630_103544_zpsybbxgobx.png

According to the game, I am not inside the actual Temple Zone and thus will get no tick that comes from fighting there. Instead I am inside something called a "Gate" Zone, whether this is an area that keeps track of ticks is unknown to me (it could be like Northern Hunting Grounds, a useless zone Deep in EP territory), but if there is fighting at the Temple and you wait here, you won;t get a tick for what happened at the Temple.

Walk back a little bit (you see the riverbank at the bottom of the screen by my feet) and you will see ESO's UI informing you that you have entered the Scroll Temple Ni-Mohk zone. Screenshot_20150630_103558_zpsegdrumet.png

And, yes, you have gotten dee ticks at the Alma Ruma Gate, because as you can see from this screenshot, the Temple zone actually extends *outside* the Gate. (Yes, I am in Cyrodiil looking at the Gate as an Banana or Strawberry attacker would).

Screenshot_20150630_103922_zpsltgzuc7e.png.

In short, yes, for over a year the DC players have either been getting zero ticks at all or fractional ticks because of the odd "gate" zone associated with the Temple of Ni-Mohk.

I have informed ZoS of this and many other issues with the game like this that are inconsistent or dubiously thought out. They have never once bothered acknowledged anything that I have sent to them nor have addressed said issues so I don't bother anymore