The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot login

ecstasy81
ecstasy81
Soul Shriven
xanikk999 wrote: »
Ok I have a wierd problem.. I just got home from work today and when I decided to log in to play the game it kept telling me my password was incorrect (specifically my log in information is incorrect). At first I panicked because I thought my account was hacked.

However thats not the case because that same password allows me to log in to my account on this website. I did so and I decided to change my password thinking it was a bug.

Ok so I logged out from the website and loaded up the game again with the new password and it still doesn't recognize it! It keeps telling me my password is incorrect.

However I went back to this very website and tried logging into my account. The new password works. What the heck is wrong? I'm very frustrated that it's not letting me log in thinking my password is wrong..

Edit: I double checked my password and account name in the fields on the log in screen. They are indeed correct. I'm clueless why they don't work in the game menu but they allow me to access my billing and other account information on the website here.

Exactly what this person explains above yet he did not seem to have it solved.

I can log into website but cannot log into game.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you sent in a support ticket via the website? That's would probably be the way to get it fixed
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ecstasy81
    ecstasy81
    Soul Shriven
    Im reading that if i purchased ESO on Steam i would need to make a separate account ?

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecstasy81 wrote: »
    Im reading that if i purchased ESO on Steam i would need to make a separate account ?
    Err.. not sure I know what you mean. I did not purchase it on steam, although I have heard before that people were able to run the game without using it through steam.

For the sake of checking (even though I'm sure this isn't the issue) are you sure it's you account name you're attempting to log into the game with, NOT your email?

And lastly... if you had an old (non steam) account, that will be normal. If you purchased the game via steam - that will give you a new account, your "old" (before steam) account won't actually attach to steam - except via "non-steam game" settings.

I'm not sure if anything I just spewed out will help you. Just trying to connect dots.
    Edited by MissBizz on June 29, 2015 8:10PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ecstasy81
    ecstasy81
    Soul Shriven
    nvm under control, problem solved by myself ;)

Albert Einstein
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, good job!
  • gratuitousvioletsb16_ESO
    I can't log in funnily enough. Very frustrating! I was able to yesterday!