The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help - Main quest is no longer in my journal and the portal in the Harborage has disappeared

Cameron_Star
Cameron_Star
✭✭
So the last main quest I did was "Council Of The Five Companions". I was about level 40, talked to everyone in the Harborage, Varen opened a portal to Cold Harbour, or wherever he decides to send me to defeat Molag Bal. I decided I'd do some other things for a while and left.

Fast forward a couple days, I'm level 45, and decided to get back to it only to discover the quest has vanished from my journal and when I go back to Harborage the portal isn't there either. When I talk to everyone there they talk like the quest is still happenning. Varen keeps trolling me by saying "We're all counting on you Vestige", but refuses to open the portal.

Now, I've heard some people say that main story quests unlock every five levels. I never noticed this when playing previous story quests but I am certain that the quest and portal where there, and now they are not. I also just recieved the "Message Across Tamriel" quest which mentions Vanus Galerion's "plan to stop Molag Bal's incursion of Tamriel". I haven't started it yet because I'm afraid of progressing and messing anything up any further, but I'm not sure if this is anything to do with the final main quest "The God Of Schemes".

I haven't gone to support yet, just want to gather some more information from other players before I do, or see if someone can help.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you must be mistaken; Varen doesn't open any portals during Council,
    you just get a vision of Mannimarco in Coldharbour,
    and the rest of that quest is just as you have experienced. That quest ends with Varen saying something along the lines of "You must stop the Planemeld".

To get the final main quest (which is indeed God of Schemes), you need to have completed the Army of Meridia Storyline in Coldharbour, and this storyline starts with Messages Across Tamriel. Once you have finished The Final Assault, then God of Schemes will become available.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cameron_Star
    Cameron_Star
    ✭✭
    @Enodoc Thank you for clearing that up! I forgot all about the vision of Mannimarco, that must be how I got confused thinking there was a portal I had to go through to defeat Molag Bal there and then.