The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vampire Cure & Skill Point Refund

C0pp3rhead
C0pp3rhead
✭✭✭✭
Hey folks, gonna get rid of my vampirism, and I'm curious about how the skill point refunding will work. Before you ask, I took vampire for the magicka/stamina regeneration passive. However, I have to put resist fire enchants on my equipment, and the passive regen buffs are less than what I could achieve through enchants. So please, no flaming me for dropping vampire. I don't roleplay, and I don't need the heals from the ultimate.

I have searched the forums and found many old posts, but no recent discussions. Many of the old ones say that you have to do a complete respec to get your points back from the vampire skill tree. This seems silly to me, and I'm curious to know whether this has been fixed. @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ or any other moderators.

I have 250 some odd skill points, and it seems silly that I need to purchase a complete respec to get back 11 points from skills I'm finding increasingly useless.
Edited by C0pp3rhead on January 21, 2015 2:30AM
"Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to respec to get the points back. Just curing won't give them back...
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    You need to respec to get the points back. Just curing won't give them back...

Have you tried this recently? As in, since patch 1.5 came out? The most recent forum post about this topic was started in September, I think.

"Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not wait until 1.6 when we all get a free respec? Sure its probably a month away, but unless you really need those skills points its an idea.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I changed over to WW after patch 5. Confirmed, you must respec to get Vamp skill points back....total bs but it is what it is.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's gonna be more than a month till 1.6 - it's not even out on the PTS servers yet.

As a final note to this thread, bought a respec, dropped vampire, and life is good. My stamina and magicka regeneration are better now that I can dedicate ring space to regen enchants, and my health regeneration is better now that I don't have to feed between every AA run. Sure, I'm gonna miss the sneak speed buff, but (pre 1.6) sneaking isn't very useful outside of PvP in this game. (Seriously though, if you can't kill trash mobs in groups of 3, and you think you need to sneak around them, you're doing it wrong. It is convenient to bypass them, however.)

• Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just changed from vamp to ww without repeccing. That means I'm out of all the skill points I put into vampire? Because I didn't see any extra skill points.
    Edited by Blud on June 30, 2015 4:57AM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blud wrote: »
    So I just changed from vamp to ww without repeccing. That means I'm out of all the skill points I put into vampire? Because I didn't see any extra skill points.
    Yup, those skill points are currently inaccessible to you, because they're still on skills that you can no longer access. That's the bad news. The good news (well, kind of good) is that they're not permanently gone. If you become a vampire again, you'll find that the skill points are right where you left them, and then you'll be able to respec and get the points back. It's not ideal, but that's what you have to do to get the skill points back.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Blud wrote: »
    Yup, those skill points are currently inaccessible to you, because they're still on skills that you can no longer access. That's the bad news. The good news (well, kind of good) is that they're not permanently gone. If you become a vampire again, you'll find that the skill points are right where you left them, and then you'll be able to respec and get the points back. It's not ideal, but that's what you have to do to get the skill points back.

Thanks. It's not so bad. I'll just have to bug some of my guildies for bites again.
    Cheers.