The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FRUSTRATED VR5 NIGHT-BLADE (BUILDS)

mistermutiny89
mistermutiny89
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay so I've played about 100 hours of ESO so far as a Stamina Nightblade and I'm just not at all satisfied with his survivability and flexibility as a solo PVE player.

Here's my current build:

Bar One: Dual Wield (Mob Killer/Stunnable Boss)

Rapid Strikes: Crazy High Dps/Finisher
Steel Tornado: AOE
Dark Cloak: Defensive/Stealth
Swallow Soul: Healing/Magicka filler/ranged damage
Ult: Soul Tether (massive damage and heal)

Bar Two: Bow (UnStunnable Bosses/Soloing public dungeons)

Reapers Mark: Debuffer (great heal)
Mass Hysteria: Keep targets off me
Lethal Arrow: great dps and main weave
Poison Injection: dot and finisher
Soul Swallow: heal and magicka/damager/finisher
Ult: Soul Tether

On one handed he does amazing damage from stealth; when surprise attack crits from stealth I can one shot some mobs. He rarely runs out of stamina which is great but if enemies are invulnerable to stun I'm a dead man.

What I really want is to have a magicka build but the moment I do that I lose my stealth attack bonus?!!! Why the hell is that? Also once I start using magicka my free ability Swallow soul will go up and sap essence will be a viable AOE damager but I love using a bow (especially for ganking in pvp) and the bow will become *** weak.

Am I stuck using the destruction staff and restoration staff?? And if so will I get the same Dps? I've played with the resto and loved the healing ward but lost so much Dps!

I'm just so frustrated and Stuck between how I want to play and how I'm forced to play. I've also just become a Vampire after being a werewolf for a while because reasons.

Anyway any help would be appreciated.. I've watched about 20 build videos and whilst some sound great they aren't working for me (maybe potions and the fact they are vr14 is making the difference for them).

In conclusion I'd Like:

-Stealth gameplay (damage bonus from stealth attacks)
-magicka build
-Survivability (will be okay to use resto will need help with the bar)
-To play as a Vamp
-Highest Poss Dps
-Keep the bow (unless destruc staff has a good damage weavable ability)
-Something I can take to solo pvp as well
-to use as least weapon skills as possible for nightblade skill slot buffs

I'm hoping to get some great feedback on here so I can respec one Last time for a while (I've spent over 75,000k respeccing this week and I really can't afford to do it anymore) and craft either a nice set of light or medium armour.

Halp! Thanks for reading.
Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
XB1 EU
EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TLDR. From the very first glance, you're mixing Stamina and Magicka abilities. This is bad. Go either full Stamina or full Magicka. Most of the crucial class abilities have Stamina morphs now.

1) Reaper's Mark is not your heal for boss fights, since you'll get your health restored once the boss is dead and not during the fight when you actually need healing.

2) Swallow Soul is not a finisher. Impale/Killer's Blade is. One of the best in the game.

3) Mass Hysteria. You want that skill in PvP only. In PvE you don't want to spread the mobs around/away, but to group them up and AoE-kill.

Check this build (link) - it should help you understand your class better.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Considered Using 2H and DW or 2H and bow? At the moment 2H has decent AOE that can add a lot of survivability,great single target dps and a stamina heal that will also boost your weapon power on your second bar for stronger DW or snipe.

Magicka NBs are awesome but it certainly doesn't appear that it is what you want.
    Edited by PBpsy on June 30, 2015 6:17AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay so I've played about 100 hours of ESO so far as a Stamina Nightblade and I'm just not at all satisfied with his survivability and flexibility as a solo PVE player.

Here's my current build:

Bar One: Dual Wield (Mob Killer/Stunnable Boss)

Rapid Strikes: Crazy High Dps/Finisher
    Steel Tornado: AOE
    Dark Cloak: Defensive/Stealth
    Swallow Soul: Healing/Magicka filler/ranged damage
    Ult: Soul Tether (massive damage and heal)

Bar Two: Bow (UnStunnable Bosses/Soloing public dungeons)

Reapers Mark: Debuffer (great heal)
    Mass Hysteria: Keep targets off me
    Lethal Arrow: great dps and main weave
    Poison Injection: dot and finisher
    Soul Swallow: heal and magicka/damager/finisher
    Ult: Soul Tether

On one handed he does amazing damage from stealth; when surprise attack crits from stealth I can one shot some mobs. He rarely runs out of stamina which is great but if enemies are invulnerable to stun I'm a dead man.

What I really want is to have a magicka build but the moment I do that I lose my stealth attack bonus?!!! Why the hell is that? Also once I start using magicka my free ability Swallow soul will go up and sap essence will be a viable AOE damager but I love using a bow (especially for ganking in pvp) and the bow will become *** weak.

Am I stuck using the destruction staff and restoration staff?? And if so will I get the same Dps? I've played with the resto and loved the healing ward but lost so much Dps!

I'm just so frustrated and Stuck between how I want to play and how I'm forced to play. I've also just become a Vampire after being a werewolf for a while because reasons.

Anyway any help would be appreciated.. I've watched about 20 build videos and whilst some sound great they aren't working for me (maybe potions and the fact they are vr14 is making the difference for them).

In conclusion I'd Like:

-Stealth gameplay (damage bonus from stealth attacks)
    -magicka build
    -Survivability (will be okay to use resto will need help with the bar)
    -To play as a Vamp
    -Highest Poss Dps
    -Keep the bow (unless destruc staff has a good damage weavable ability)
    -Something I can take to solo pvp as well
    -to use as least weapon skills as possible for nightblade skill slot buffs

I'm hoping to get some great feedback on here so I can respec one Last time for a while (I've spent over 75,000k respeccing this week and I really can't afford to do it anymore) and craft either a nice set of light or medium armour.

Halp! Thanks for reading.

ok try something like this: for test its an easy option

Bar 1 (duel wield = More spell damage) Single dps:
    - teleport strike unmorhp
    - conceilled weapon
    - impale
    - dark cloak
    - inner light
    - ulti: soul tether

bar 2 (destro) aoe:
    -refreshing path
    -sap essence
    -elemental ring
    -reapers mark
    -inner light
    ulti: soul harvest

Gear:
    crafted sets:
    4 x eye of mara (1x max magicka, 1x magicka reg, 1x spell damage)
    4-(5 on duel wield) x magnus set

rings and necklace with arcane and put reduce magicka cost glyhp on this

maybe you have to put siphoning attacks on second bar instead of reapers mark for mana management
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @The_Saint You sir may have just hit the nail on the head! Thank you! I shall get to levelling the destro staff now. I'm pretty hopeful about this build.

I just want to get to Vr14 on this character and move on to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight leaving this character as my crafter but I've got plenty of hours of gameplay left on this guy and I want to start enjoying it. Hopefully this build will achieve that. Thank you!
    XB1 EU

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    soloing with a bow i go for bombard
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @The_Saint You sir may have just hit the nail on the head! Thank you! I shall get to levelling the destro staff now. I'm pretty hopeful about this build.

I just want to get to Vr14 on this character and move on to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight leaving this character as my crafter but I've got plenty of hours of gameplay left on this guy and I want to start enjoying it. Hopefully this build will achieve that. Thank you!

@mistermutiny89
    for the desto leveling:

take the staff and till you get elemental ring use vulcanic rune (mage guild) for aoe opining. its an ok aoe stun and you have 20% more damage on next attack. Also 20% more healing from your refreshing path
    Edited by The_Saint on June 30, 2015 6:54AM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have to make choices do you wnat to be a stamina blade or a magica blade.

if that is decided you´ll have to make proper decisions regarding your weapon choice.
    using your first choice stamina: youll have to use (with regards of pvp) 2H as it provides the only early accessable burst heal (Rally) wich ontop offers a nice dmg buff. this leads to the second choice do you want bow or dual wield.

as you said you want bow i would recommend for solo pve
    bow QB
    1. bombard (AE with root+snare you want your enemys to stay out of melee range)
    2. focused aim singeltarget (burst if used from out of stealth)[hint google attack weaving]
    3. syphoning strikes (resource refill)
    4. [slot for skill lvling] or mark target - dmg increasing debuff with nice heal potential (use reactionary when you need a heal on next do death enemey)
    5. [slot for skill lvling]

2H QB
    1. killerblade - finisher with you might guess it with a heal upon killing great synergy to be used on a marked target = 80+ of your max HP healed
    2. surprise attack (singeltarget spam ability) [hint google animation cancling]
    3. syphoning strikes
    4. rally
    5. dark cloak (if shid got to intense)
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tankqull Thanks mate, I've gone with magicka and will stay with it for a while now but your stamina build is definitely how I should have been playing in the first place instead of over complicating things.

I may come back and grab it if magicka doesn't work out.
    XB1 EU

• VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    Scatter shot
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    Considered Using 2H and DW or 2H and bow? At the moment 2H has decent AOE that can add a lot of survivability,great single target dps and a stamina heal that will also boost your weapon power on your second bar for stronger DW or snipe.

Magicka NBs are awesome but it certainly doesn't appear that it is what you want.

yesss with brawler you are invincible.. even against 10-15 mobs.. and u can spam rally if you need a heal...
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC