The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

What's the deal with pvp? Seriously!

Christophhhh__
My main char just recently hit level 40, so decided to go back to cyrodil to see if I could have some fun there, first time I tried it at level 10 I remember getting ambushed by about 20 milk drinkers from AD and decided I wasn't strong enough yet. I just joined a non veteran campaign and within 30 minutes, defended one of our alliances keeps and had about 12 kills to my name, rushed their keep with a group of similar leveled players, killed a few more, broke down the gate and rushed inside the keeps grounds, only to be one shot killed by the veteran level 12 npcs guarding the damn keep! What's the point in this at all?

Seriously why give the option for non veteran campaigns yet make all npcs veteran level 12? Makes capturing bases with a small group or even resources near impossible. I've tried most othe campaigns over the past few days and noticed they all have same level npcs. This just ruins the idea of cyrodil for me.

Anybody else feel this way?
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get your stats massively boosted in the non-vet campaigns. Even a level 10 player will have around 30k health.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main char just recently hit level 40, so decided to go back to cyrodil to see if I could have some fun there, first time I tried it at level 10 I remember getting ambushed by about 20 milk drinkers from AD and decided I wasn't strong enough yet. I just joined a non veteran campaign and within 30 minutes, defended one of our alliances keeps and had about 12 kills to my name, rushed their keep with a group of similar leveled players, killed a few more, broke down the gate and rushed inside the keeps grounds, only to be one shot killed by the veteran level 12 npcs guarding the damn keep! What's the point in this at all?

Seriously why give the option for non veteran campaigns yet make all npcs veteran level 12? Makes capturing bases with a small group or even resources near impossible. I've tried most othe campaigns over the past few days and noticed they all have same level npcs. This just ruins the idea of cyrodil for me.

Nope. I have my issues with Cyrodil but this falls under the line of L2P.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate the guards, tbh, but they're a necessity to help the side with fewer numbers balance things out.

In my opinion, however, the number of NPC guards at each keep, farm, mine, or mill should be adjusted in real time based on how many players of the same faction are within a large area (maybe 100-200 meters). That way, if you have a sufficient number of players defending a keep, the guards are removed. There's no need for them when there are that many players there to put up a defense. This is PvP, we shouldnt have to deal with twice as many targets as normal because of NPC enemies.

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The V12 guards are pretty tough, even for some v14s, they're pretty dumb though and can be kited or line-of-sighted. If you are squishy then don't go in first and take all the aggro, let someone tankier go first. Take out mages and menders first. Also as someone else has mentioned; you should be battle-leveled up to the eyeballs as a non-vet, with ridiculous hp. Try it as a v14 with 17k hp ;p
    PC | EU
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All non-Vet players are boosted to Vet 12-equivalent if they have Battle Leveling turned on, so there is no gameplay level difference between players and NPCs. All of the keep guards are mini-bosses, so you most likely need a group to take them on. This is designed so that a small group can't take a keep, but can take a resource.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A NPC (most the archer on the top) in a Rang 5 Keep, deal a hell of a dmg, even to a v14 heavy armor
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    My problem with pvp is that you'll have a 1v1 with someone,kill him then abput 20 or 30 of hsis boyfriends rush you. Yoy cant get awau necause cc immunity become non existent top, so the only thing you can actually do is stand stand there and elet them kill you, so much for 'play how you want to play'
  • uso245
    uso245
    ✭✭✭

You are battle-scaled to vet12 giving you at least 27k HP this is to help you combat against other players & NPCs. In fact a level 40 has a larger advantage then a veteran rank 1-5 player simply because their health tanks due to not being battle-scaled like non-vets. This issue for low level vets is currently being revised by ZoS since they are aware of the issue and mentioned it in the last ESO Live.
    My Facebook Page
    My Youtube Channel
    (DC NA Megaserver) Beta Tester
    My Twitter
    Art of Death
    Fate Stay Night

Member since February 2014
    l
    Strategist/Tactician
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uso245 wrote: »

You are battle-scaled to vet12 giving you at least 27k HP this is to help you combat against other players & NPCs. In fact a level 40 has a larger advantage then a veteran rank 1-5 player simply because their health tanks due to not being battle-scaled like non-vets. This issue for low level vets is currently being revised by ZoS since they are aware of the issue and mentioned it in the last ESO Live.

30k*
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions