The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What am I looking for?

CriD
CriD
✭✭✭
So I will be starting my alt in the next couple days. Any vets can lend some insight.

I want a pure stamina build, I'm torn between templar and a night blade. I started a dragon knight, ya know with knight in the title I was sure it would be stamina skill heavy, but was disappointed that all of its skills were magicka.

I know most class skill lines is magicka, but I haven't started a templar or night blade and I'm curious which of those would compliment a stamina melee build.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stamina NB is a lot of fun to play. I'm using medium armor, Bow and DW (2H would also be a good choice). And werewolf for the free stam regen.
    bye1.gif
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, you can't go wrong with either. Stamina NBs can have insane burst damage. Doing an Ambush from sneak, all on its own, is generally enough to drop an enemy of your level to ~5% health. Enemy has more HP? Do a Surprise Attack or execute with Killer's Blade. Boss? Stick a Soul Harvest in there. I use DW primarily, so for anything more, I can single target or spam Steel Tornado.

Stamina Templars do really well with sustain. Maintaining high constant damage and staying alive are where they excel. I use 2H with mine for the gap closer and execute. Other than that, Biting Jabs, on a well spec'ed Templar, is kind of all you need. Simply casting it grants you Major Savagery, the crit buff. Normally, you'd need Evil Hunter or Sea of Flames, wasting a slot, or drink a potion. I love the idea of getting 10% crit just by attacking. When you're finished killing stuff, Repentance to regain health and stamina for free.

To my mind, the NB is great for sneaking and killing silently and quickly, while the Templar is just brute force, getting in enemies' faces and shoving your attacks down their throats, whether they like it or not. Of course, it's ESO, so there's no right answer, but both classes are great for stamina builds.
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't even asked mate.

Nightblades. Of course I'm biased, started a nb as my main myself.

Nightblases. Stamina bosmer werewolf Nightblades, for insane stam regen and bonuses from stealth.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • CriD
    CriD
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input. I was already thinking my weapons would be 2h and a bow. Prolly going to stick with those. I was leaning more towards the templar already as alot of my guild guys are stamina NB (and holy crap can those characters wreck whole mobs in a single swoop)

I think I will stay templar as if its not my cup of tea (a pure stamina melee toon), then ill just respec all health and become an undying pit of health kinda tank.
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    CriD wrote: »
    So I will be starting my alt in the next couple days. Any vets can lend some insight.

I want a pure stamina build, I'm torn between templar and a night blade. I started a dragon knight, ya know with knight in the title I was sure it would be stamina skill heavy, but was disappointed that all of its skills were magicka.

I know most class skill lines is magicka, but I haven't started a templar or night blade and I'm curious which of those would compliment a stamina melee build.

My stamina DK only uses only uses 2 magicka skills,( green dragon blood/spiked armor)....... all the rest are stamina skills? He is a two hander and DW build.......and a bow for back up...... (always good to have a distance option).
  • CriD
    CriD
    ✭✭✭
    @flintstone, yeh I have seen some viable DK builds, but I want it all to be playing off each other, that's why I'm looking for a class that has some good stamina skills within the class trees. Granted I could just roll a DK and only use two skills from the DK line, but imo that takes away from the passives you could be using.

You may have a bunch of DK passives on, but with only using 2 DK skills it just seems like a waste. A class with some stamina based skills may have some better passives more suited to my build.

And this game isn't about the moves, its about the passives and how many you can have working for you. (probably not but that's the way I've looked at it recently)
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    @CriD ......I use more than two skills........some of the best skills have a stamina morph? I can, and do also switch in/out some of the magicks skills.......but usually not more than one at a time. My DK is set up for high crit, high weapon damage, and high stamina/stamina return. I use tri-stat food.
  • CriD
    CriD
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I didn't know some of the skills morphed to stamina. Thanks for that :) sorry as I saw all skills were magicka I jumped to conclusions, but thanks that's really handy to know.