The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm a level 10. Do I belong in Cyrodiil?

AceVenturaXII
AceVenturaXII
Soul Shriven
I moved to the PVP area of Cyrodill as soon as a I got to level 10. I quickly learned that I would be killed if I ever saw anyone. Multiple times moving to a keep all I met were level 25's or 35's. They'd kill me right away and I couldn't do much to defend myself. I'm also a new MMO player.
Should I just be doing quest stuff until I reach a higher level?
  • Snoopsy
    Snoopsy
    ✭✭
    I would wait till at least level 15 when you obtain a weapon swap. The swap alone makes you much more competitive. You can join non-vet campaigns if you want to not be ganked by VR14's every other minute as well.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're committed to pvping for a while, yes.

If you're new and/or unsure I would recommend waiting til about level 20 or so. Complete the first zone. Learn a build you like with at least the third skills unlucked, and become comfortable with your weapon swap. Learn a bit about gear sets, build up some resources (gold, potions, food, ect), and make it to the main town of the second zone. Join one of the non vet campaigns. It's mostly about player skill there, which is why you should become comfortable with the basics as a new player before hitting PvP.

Good luck.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    Solo you will have trouble, but if you can link up with a big group of teammates and stay in the back filling a support role, And helping with siegeing, you should learn the ropes fairly quickly.

I went in as a level 15 just to see what it was all about, and alone I was almost worthless, but if you are willing to communicate and help a team you can be a great asset.

People always need healers and people willing to go on scouting missions, so templars and nightblades are always good to have around.

-Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to experience PvP early, agree with the suggestion of a support role rather than being in the front of a zerg.

The nice thing about getting in early even if you don't PvP is the Cyrodil tutorial Skill points and access to a few easy Skyshards
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should I just be doing quest stuff until I reach a higher level?
    Nope. My main PvP char went to Cyrodiil at level 10 and stayed there until level 28, then went through some PvE quests (mainly the main quest) to get some more skill points and went back to PvP around level 40ish.
    All of that in a VR campaign. She's VR4 now and still having fun. I never understood people who wait until they are VR14 to go to Cyrodiil.

I had tons of fun at level 10 and so can you!
    cheer.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on June 29, 2015 4:40AM
  • AceVenturaXII
    AceVenturaXII
    Soul Shriven
    So, to play a "support role", does that mean do the "scouting" missions, etc?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, to play a "support role", does that mean do the "scouting" missions, etc?
    Nope, that means you can support higher level players. Group up with other players. Stay a bit behind, snipe enemies from range, use ballistas and flaming oil in keep defense, pack stone trebs and tag along for keep and resource sieges. Heal, shield, purge and revive your comrades.
    That sort of stuff.

You'll soon discover that most of the time spent in Cyrodiil is *not* 1v1 duels ...
    smile.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on June 29, 2015 11:57PM