The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where to find Blacksmithing EBONY ORE?

NBAballar18
NBAballar18
✭✭
Hello, I unlocked Ebony Ore last night and want to start to mine it. I was looking to see if any of you know some good areas where there is a good amount of it to mine. ALSO, I WILL TRADE FOR EBONY ORE. Thank you.

Best Answers

• Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to find plenty in Coldharbour, and rarely (I believe) in the fifth zone for your alliance. You can also find it in Cyrodiil non-vet campaign that I know of.
    Answer ✓
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i haven't done any PvP yet. I love elder scrolls for their story and quest. Im looking to level my character to veteran before I even start. How common is Ebony ore in Cyrodiil?

Go to the non-vet campaign if you are not yet vet rank. There is slightly less action there, and you can probably stay away from it if you try. All crafting materials in there are level 50, so any ore you come across should be ebony.

However, if you don't want to do that, then Coldharbour is your best bet, as all of the materials there should be set to level 50 materials as well.
    Answer ✓
  • NBAballar18
    NBAballar18
    ✭✭
    ok, thank you. which area do you think is best, Coldharbour? thats level 44-50 area.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil has it too
  • NBAballar18
    NBAballar18
    ✭✭
    i haven't done any PvP yet. I love elder scrolls for their story and quest. Im looking to level my character to veteran before I even start. How common is Ebony ore in Cyrodiil?
  • NBAballar18
    NBAballar18
    ✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »

Go to the non-vet campaign if you are not yet vet rank. There is slightly less action there, and you can probably stay away from it if you try. All crafting materials in there are level 50, so any ore you come across should be ebony.

However, if you don't want to do that, then Coldharbour is your best bet, as all of the materials there should be set to level 50 materials as well.

ok, I may try Cyrodriil later but if i don't find a lot in a good amount of time I'm going to just way for Coldharbour then.
  • Ratbert
    Ratbert
    ✭✭
    I've gotten the majority of my ebon from deconstructing ebon gear I've found. Far more than finding nodes in the open world. Once I hit Coldharbour I started getting lots of Ebon gear drops and then just started smashing it all.
  • NBAballar18
    NBAballar18
    ✭✭
    Ratbert wrote: »
    I've gotten the majority of my ebon from deconstructing ebon gear I've found. Far more than finding nodes in the open world. Once I hit Coldharbour I started getting lots of Ebon gear drops and then just started smashing it all.

yeah thats what usually happen when you get to the level of a specific material you start getting tons of drops that you can deconstruct. Im not up to ebony gear level yet but i have my blacksmithing unlocked to it, so i can start to craft it but not wear. want to get a head start
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah thats what usually happen when you get to the level of a specific material you start getting tons of drops that you can deconstruct. Im not up to ebony gear level yet but i have my blacksmithing unlocked to it, so i can start to craft it but not wear. want to get a head start

I learned to now get ahead on my crafting materials as that can affect what you get from Hirelings and some nodes. Also, your crafting writs will require that same material you have unlocked.

I never farmed Ebony as it is only really needed for 4 levels, and I got tons of it farming zombies up in Coldharbor.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"