The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New subber, need advice on spending crowns + crafting/making wealth?

Sigh89
Sigh89
Hey, first post, loving the game so far!

I just subbed and now have 2100 crowns, was thinking of buying a mount but not sure if that's a waste (because idk how long it will take to get 1700 gold or w/e) especially if it unlocks it for one character. If it's for all characters forever even for just a 15% horse it might be worth it...
I could also just barely afford the imperial pack, but i dont know how good imperials are or if the 'imperial style' is for imperial races only or if i could make other races have that armor look (basically not sure if its really that important to have the imperial perks)

Also I chose enchanting as a Breton Sorc because I wasn't sure how to use the Runes I've been finding, is this good or should I focus on something else to craft for myself or others?

Finally, what are some good habits to develop regarding wealth? Specific items to horde, places to sell specific types of items that offer more gold for them, things of that nature?

any other tips for a newb would be great... esp if you know of any add ons that show me all quest givers, im a perfectionist and like to 100% areas and dont wanna run over every square inch of the planet finding quest givers to do so!
IGN: Sigh89 (feel free to add me, I'm a new player on PC!)
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you buy any mount, either in-game with gold or with crowns, it will unlock for every character that you have. so mounts are decently worth the money. However, all of the different mounts are just skins, and they will all act the same in-game (i.e., when you increase your riding speed or carrying capacity, it will work regardless of which mount you are using). You can also train your riding skill every 20 hours to increase the various horse stats.

If you buy the Imperial pack, then you can craft Imperial-style goods for any of your characters, not just your Imperial characters. You can also change the style of most armors you find to the Imperial style, but this will bind the item to your character.

Enchanting is a good craft to learn, as it will allow you to make various glyphs that will let you increase your health, magika, or stamina on armors, and can give you some cool glyphs to put on jewelry or weapons. As you are new, I would not invest too heavily in more than two crafts starting out. But as you progress in level, you may find yourself with some extra skillpoints that you can put into other crafts.

All NPC stores will buy your items for the exact same price, so you don't need to shop around for the best prices at NPC stores. If you are part of a guild that has a store, you can sometimes sell various items for more than you could to the NPCs, though, so you might want to check that out. Also, if you steal stuff, then you will need to find a Fence in an Outlaw's refugre in order to sell that stuff. Selling stolen goods (especially green or blue items that you can steal) is a great way to make money early on, and can usually pay for all of your other items you might need when adventuring.

As for good money-makers right now, fishing mats (worms, crawlers, bug parts, and guts) are selling for a decent amount. Everyone wants them right now. So if you come across these, save them up until you hit 50 or so, and then try to sell them. you should be able to get a good amount of gold for them.
  • Sigh89
    Sigh89
    Very helpful, thank you!
    IGN: Sigh89 (feel free to add me, I'm a new player on PC!)