The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reporting scammers

jollyrogerz
jollyrogerz
Soul Shriven
How do you do it?
  • CuteLilBunny
    CuteLilBunny
    ✭✭
    I don't know if there is an option in consoles, pc I'm not sure, I'd guess take a screen shot and show a Zos on here?
    Shouriko Dark Elf Ebonheart Pact

When the housecat gives away your position.
    Options
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if there is an option in consoles, pc I'm not sure, I'd guess take a screen shot and show a Zos on here?

This is a very bad advice. It is against the forum rules to "name and shame". How despicable scammers might be, it is not upon us to be judge and jury.

So do not post screenshots of scammers here.

Instead contact support directly. Provide as much info as possible. This includes:
    - screenshots
    - time/date of the chat/incident/scam (also state your timezone so support know how to translate it to servertime)
    - how you met the scammer (e.g. in /zone chat, include the map and if it was a yell or a local chat, the area).
    - character/account name of the scammer
    - and off course detailed description bout what happened.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Options
  • MerlinGambino
    Don't get scammed.
    MageLife
    Options
  • jollyrogerz
    jollyrogerz
    Soul Shriven
    I wasn't personally scammed I just have seen people do it and it's distasteful
    Options
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    This simply reflects human nature ... sometimes worse online because of the illusion of anonymity
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Options
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't personally scammed I just have seen people do it and it's distasteful

Yes it is...but I do wonder how you "see" that people get scammed??

There are basically two kinds of scams that are common.

1: people make up any excuse to not do a trade through CoD. often using false facts. The victum sents money or goods and never gets back what they agreed to. This is stupid in the first place. There is no reason to not use CoD ever. But more important. all parts of the deal are not done in a public chat.

2: people make an agreement for a vampire/werewolf bite. Here too, the agreement bout payment is made in contact between the scammer and the victum.

So best you can do is that you heard people got scammed. But it is very unlikely you have seen! it.

That is one of the many reasons why naming and shaming is not allowed. It is too much based on rumours and speculation. If you are stupid enough to get scammed you will not get your money back. But by reporting them directly to support you do make sure they get removed from the game.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Options
  • Cameron_Star
    Cameron_Star
    ✭✭
    I forget where it is exactly, but on consoles I think it's under the "Help" tab, then "Report player".
    Options
  • Nashin93
    Nashin93
    If on PS4, when they are infront of you, hold the Options button and bottom left is report :)
    Options