Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Being Stuck in Main Quests (Maybe a Bug)

PikaMon
PikaMon
My friend whose English is not good wants me to post his problem in the forum and get help from other players and custom service.

His main quests are processing in this step:
"Abnur Tharn seeks on audience with me away from the Harborage. I should see what he wants. Abnur Tharn has asked me to travel to a place called Knife Ear Grotto in Deshaan, which he believes to be a place that Mannimarco keeps a cache of secret information."

I remember, each step of main quests in the Harborage will open a portal for players to teleport.
However, my friend said there was not any portal and quest mark, and there were only Varen and Lyris in the Harborage. Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan disappeared.
He pressed "square" on the main quest in the journal, and the map and quest mark displayed in Knief Ear Grotto. He could not find any way to it.

I guess this is a bug that resets his main quest line to an earlier point, before Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan join.
He reported it to the custom service in the game but got no help...
So, we hope to seek help here. He has hit VR1 but can not enter the second faction, which disappoints him much...
Thank anyone who helps!

BTW, his PSN ID: TP_22000, if the custom service can help fix the bug.
Edited by PikaMon on June 29, 2015 4:30AM
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For meeting Tharn in the Knife Ear Grotto, you won't get a portal to travel there. When you enter this dungeon, Tharn will show up in there automatically. Hope this helps :)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• PikaMon
    PikaMon
    '
    For meeting Tharn in the Knife Ear Grotto, you won't get a portal to travel there. When you enter this dungeon, Tharn will show up in there automatically. Hope this helps :)

Thank you for your replying!
    The problem is that he could not find a way to Knife Ear Grotto, in the Harborage.
    How to get to Knife Ear Grotto?
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is just a dungeon in Deshaan.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PikaMon wrote: »
    '

The problem is that he could not find a way to Knife Ear Grotto, in the Harborage.

Oh ok, then I misunderstood :)
    Here's a map of Deshaan, the Knife Ear Grotto is in the east:
    Map_deshaan_Public_Dungeons.jpg

I hope this helps now^^
    Edited by Moonshadow66 on June 29, 2015 7:22AM
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP

• PikaMon
    PikaMon
    It is just a dungeon in Deshaan.

O.K. Thanks.
  • PikaMon
    PikaMon
    '

I hope this helps now^^

Wow this is so detailed and will surely help us.
    I will tell him right now.
    Thank you so much!
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    '

I hope this helps now^^

Wow this is so detailed and will surely help us.
    I will tell him right now.
    Thank you so much!

Not really detailed, but at least the names of the dungeons are there :)
    And you're welcome, good luck^^

• ZOS_MaryB
    Redirected to correct location.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base

Staff Post