The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Voice chat is unavailable...

Warfield
Warfield
...this could be due to routine server maintenence or a configuration issue.

I've had this error since launch. I can't talk to anyone.

Please help.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would so LOVE to have Voice chat unavailable ...

coughing, children crying, random shouting ... the birds noises I didn't mind so much

I'm regularly going into Voicechat and leaving Chat channels ... wish it would remember so I only had to join a Chat channel if I wanted, not every time I log in
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• domlynchb16_ESO
    i have also had this unnavailable issue since launch

bought a new official sony headset - $100 usd. didnt fix it

my chat works in party, + other games just not ESO ?
  • kezee
    kezee
    Not sure if this is causing your issue but just a thought. Game chat will not work if you are in a private PSN chat party. (i.e. your voice you are projecting its prioritized to the PSN chat party rather than the in game chat.) Also, under the "options" tab followed by the "voice" tab, make sure that the voice is set to "area".
  • Warfield
    Warfield
    kezee wrote: »
    Not sure if this is causing your issue but just a thought. Game chat will not work if you are in a private PSN chat party. (i.e. your voice you are projecting its prioritized to the PSN chat party rather than the in game chat.) Also, under the "options" tab followed by the "voice" tab, make sure that the voice is set to "area".

I use PSN party chat only because in game chat won't work. I'll check all my options again in game, but I've already gone over them multiple times.
  • Warfield
    Warfield
    Still nothing and no reply from zmax
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    Be thankful it doesnt work
  • Warfield
    Warfield
    Lol
  • Warfield
    Warfield
    Can I get a response from zenmax plzzzzzzzzzz?

My ticket never got a response and nothing here either.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have heard from others that opening up some port helped. Haven't done it myself though.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30107/kw/console ports
    What ports do I need open to play ESOTU on my console?

Updated 06/19/2015 12:07 PM Published 06/17/2015 08:46 PM

We suggest players forward certain ports to ensure that their consoles are able to reach our servers. Different consoles will require different ports, so players should ensure that the ports suggested below are open for the platform they're playing on:

Xbox One Ports:
    •Port 88 (UDP)
    •Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    •Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    •Port 80 (TCP)

PlayStation 4 Ports:
    •TCP Ports 10040 through 10060
    •UDP Ports 50000 through 60000

Although normally those same folks said they experience voice chat issues in other games as well, not sure if you do.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Warfield
    Warfield
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I have heard from others that opening up some port helped. Haven't done it myself though.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30107/kw/console ports

We suggest players forward certain ports to ensure that their consoles are able to reach our servers. Different consoles will require different ports, so players should ensure that the ports suggested below are open for the platform they're playing on:

Xbox One Ports:
    •Port 88 (UDP)
    •Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    •Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    •Port 80 (TCP)

PlayStation 4 Ports:

Although normally those same folks said they experience voice chat issues in other games as well, not sure if you do.

Thank you, I have had zero issues in any other game but I will give a look into you're possible fix, thanks.

I'll update if it works.
  • Darkrosesus
    Darkrosesus
    ✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    I would so LOVE to have Voice chat unavailable ...

coughing, children crying, random shouting ... the birds noises I didn't mind so much

I'm regularly going into Voicechat and leaving Chat channels ... wish it would remember so I only had to join a Chat channel if I wanted, not every time I log in

Yes, I'm not sure why it keeps going back to current area instead of just leaving me in group. It's a pain selecting it every single time. There's only so much heavy breathing, coughing, background children noises, dog barking & listening to other people's personal music choices I can take!
  • Ch3cikm8
    Ch3cikm8
    Warfield wrote: »

Please help.

welcome to my world , same thing with me. and its pointless to email them about because they keep saying the same ish over and over. i even sent them screenshots too. still nothing. some bs
  • Ch3cikm8
    Ch3cikm8
    MissBizz wrote: »

Xbox One Ports:
    •Port 88 (UDP)
    •Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    •Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    •Port 80 (TCP)

PlayStation 4 Ports:

how do you switch ports?
  • GarnetXVII
    any update on voice chat? mine doesn't work since launch too.
  • Warfield
    Warfield
    Still nothing, no response and no voice chat.
  • Warfield
    Warfield
    They've completely ignored me.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Voice Chat issues have been in place since launch in general. More often than not Area Chat is broken in Cyrodiil also. The game's "social" mechanics are still far from adequately working 24/7.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • GarnetXVII
    how are you communicating with other ppl? Im just soloing things, very lonely -_-

can't even ask anyone to join their guild...
    Edited by GarnetXVII on September 13, 2015 7:30AM
  • XGhostface521X
    This is only game iv ever had chat isssues dc univers wrked great final fantasy14 u jus go to psn chat why we cant jus do that for ESO then ud have ur chat and who u want but noone wants to do thAT if ESO wld jus put a text chat n where say u were n psn chat that holds max 8 people then u cld still b able to tlk with ur guild or friends like dc univers had chat / txt and yes too thse who nat type mines always been nat type 1 i dnt think its issue like destinys chat had when 1st came outzenimax jus doesnt care my tickets might as welll have been fairy dust that u wished ur probs away with
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warfield wrote: »

Please help.

Question for you, what is your upload and download speeds that you are currently receiving? Not what your ISP says you should be receiving but what you are actually receiving. Also probably try running a ping test and post the results, I ran into someone yesterday that those 2 things shed much light on the source of the problem.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • entreritjqwe
    Looking for a guild with trader to sell on
    PSN:xiangyigg,hoomok,holololi,vileng,ladyflying,liulong855
    Each of us can save 5K, a total of 30K.