The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Deconstruction: Does Level Matter?

Ace_of_Destiny
Ace_of_Destiny
✭✭✭✭✭
I know that deconstructing items made by other players is the fastest way to level an armor skill.
But does level matter?
Does steel give more XP than iron?
And, does a level 16 steel item give more than a level 12 steel item? (I don't know if they are right levels, just an example.)
I am in a "trading pact" with somebody, and we just want to "get the best bang for our buck", as it were.

Thanks! :)
EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
!

)==================================================(
~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
)===================================================(
I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • usrevenge
    usrevenge
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure, i got a friend to make 15 iron daggers, i dismantled them, then made 15 daggers of my own and gave them to him and neither of us really leveled much, so I think level (or at least material you are dismantling) matters.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, the level of the item has a big influence on inspiration gain (inspiration = crafting experience point). Search this forum, there is an excel sheet around that details exactly which item to craft for best-bang-for-buck.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Yes, the level of the item has a big influence on inspiration gain (inspiration = crafting experience point). Search this forum, there is an excel sheet around that details exactly which item to craft for best-bang-for-buck.

Higher quality also grants more inspiration.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.
    I will look for it. :)
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!