The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I won't pay crowns for a dead horse

LadyLokari
LadyLokari
✭✭
I may be the only ESO player who has horses in real life, so I may be the only one who thinks the horses in-game look like they're dead.

I would gladly purchase and even pay a bit extra for a healthy looking horse, but as it is, I dread going to the stables or even calling my own mount for fear of that glazed look they all share. I ask that you do something about this zombie horse epidemic that has all of Tamriel's equine denizens in its grip!

As a starting point for your efforts, I suggest the ears and hindquarters. The ears are much too small for a horse of that size and muscle tone, and the stifles on the horse are too large and too far down (please look up a picture of 'basic horse anatomy' if you are confused about which parts I am speaking of).

The face needs a bit of work. I know horses are tricky, but you can make them look 80% less dead by simply closing their mouths so that the teeth are hidden. The eyes aren't quite right either. They face a little more forward than they currently are.

In general, the horses should be a bit slimmer as well. They are a little too muscular and their legs and hooves a bit too thick. The draft horses can stay big and muscle-y, but speed horses and desert horses should be more dainty.

A neat, but unnecessary addition would be to make the horses turn more as you turn one way or the other. They're a bit stiff, and if you want to make this as realistic as possible, a bit of extra turning would go a long way.

I know I'm asking a lot, but I would gladly purchase a new horse with my crowns if they didn't scare the living hell out of me.
  • DailyDrunkGamer
    Horses are beautiful and your right they are not portrayed as that in the game.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a dead horse in Skyrim (Arvak). Would do so again.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Nénlindë
    Nénlindë
    ✭✭✭
    LadyLokari wrote: »
    I may be the only ESO player who has horses in real life, so I may be the only one who thinks the horses in-game look like they're dead.

I would gladly purchase and even pay a bit extra for a healthy looking horse, but as it is, I dread going to the stables or even calling my own mount for fear of that glazed look they all share. I ask that you do something about this zombie horse epidemic that has all of Tamriel's equine denizens in its grip!

As a starting point for your efforts, I suggest the ears and hindquarters. The ears are much too small for a horse of that size and muscle tone, and the stifles on the horse are too large and too far down (please look up a picture of 'basic horse anatomy' if you are confused about which parts I am speaking of).

The face needs a bit of work. I know horses are tricky, but you can make them look 80% less dead by simply closing their mouths so that the teeth are hidden. The eyes aren't quite right either. They face a little more forward than they currently are.

In general, the horses should be a bit slimmer as well. They are a little too muscular and their legs and hooves a bit too thick. The draft horses can stay big and muscle-y, but speed horses and desert horses should be more dainty.

A neat, but unnecessary addition would be to make the horses turn more as you turn one way or the other. They're a bit stiff, and if you want to make this as realistic as possible, a bit of extra turning would go a long way.

I know I'm asking a lot, but I would gladly purchase a new horse with my crowns if they didn't scare the living hell out of me.

Jeez, okay walk then.
    Charmander
    every time
    nothing ever beats charmander
  • Zaxuk
    Zaxuk
    This is just extreme nitpicking. For it's purpose on this game there is no need for that level of detail.
    This is the most amount of customisation offered for the horses on any Elder Scroll game.
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I don't own horses but I agree they do look like they haven't slept for a month.