The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Sporadic Provisioning Writs

Faugaun
Faugaun
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a character who some days turns in the provisioning writ at Craglorn and other days turns it in at East March. My other max level Provisioner turn in exclusively at Craglorn. What causes this and how can I change my character to stop getting unwanted level 4 writs?
  • FadedJeans
    FadedJeans
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know. My provisioner is maxed out, and I seem locked into Alik'r writs. Would love to mix it up.
    Options
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this happen on one of my characters also.
    Once I made sure that the top 2 provisioning categories were maxed out( first was, second one was 4 of 6)...problem solved.

PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
    Options
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me take a wild guess here, you haven't finished the storyline and gained access to veteran zones on the vet toons that are being asked to turn in writs in lowbie zones? That's one reason.

I have a couple of VR14's that have finished silver and gold, and they always turn in to Craglorn. I have several other vets that have not done the storyline, and have access to Craglorn, but it's 50/50 whether they will get asked to turn the writ in to Craglorn or a lowbie zone. And they all have provisioning maxed out with all passives.
    Edited by Akavir_Sentinel on June 26, 2015 2:55PM
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
    Options
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm ok the one that flips has not beat the harborrage line and is just now vr1, the other three have all unlocked silver (two of then have unlocked gold). I will check with the wife she has one that flips also and thus might be why?
    Options
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wldkarde wrote: »
    I had this happen on one of my characters also.
    Once I made sure that the top 2 provisioning categories were maxed out( first was, second one was 4 of 6)...problem solved.

My reliable ones get it in craglorn with just the 6/6 so I do not think the quality passive is relevant.
    Options
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My VR14 with max provisioning and finished gold gets turn ins 100% of the time in Coldharbour. My VR10 that has access to silver but hasn't completed any of it gets all turn ins in Malabal Tor (AD character).

Both characters have the provisioning lines fully maxed out. Have never once got a turn in at Craglorn, or anywhere other than Coldharbour, on my VR14.
    Options
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mtwiggz wrote: »
    My VR14 with max provisioning and finished gold gets turn ins 100% of the time in Coldharbour. My VR10 that has access to silver but hasn't completed any of it gets all turn ins in Malabal Tor (AD character).

Both characters have the provisioning lines fully maxed out. Have never once got a turn in at Craglorn, or anywhere other than Coldharbour, on my VR14.

never have I got a turn in in cold harbor I'm guessing that is a V level? I kinda thought it would be in rift...lol...OK so that debunks the story progression theory....any other ideas?
    Options
  • JacksonCarter13
    JacksonCarter13
    ✭✭✭
    This is really really strange. Although I will say this. I've completed almost everything in the game and they are always in craglorn with the other 5
    Options
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »

never have I got a turn in in cold harbor I'm guessing that is a V level? I kinda thought it would be in rift...lol...OK so that debunks the story progression theory....any other ideas?

Coldharbour is not a vet zone. It's a storyline zone that is available upon reaching level 45 if you do the storyline, or if someone ports you there.
    Edited by Akavir_Sentinel on June 26, 2015 5:52PM
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me take a wild guess here, you haven't finished the storyline and gained access to veteran zones on the vet toons that are being asked to turn in writs in lowbie zones? That's one reason.

I have a couple of VR14's that have finished silver and gold, and they always turn in to Craglorn. I have several other vets that have not done the storyline, and have access to Craglorn, but it's 50/50 whether they will get asked to turn the writ in to Craglorn or a lowbie zone. And they all have provisioning maxed out with all passives.

None of my characters have finished gold... all are vets though.. and I always turn in all their writs at Craglorn.. One has finished Caldwell Silver.. the other are just little VR2's. Oh, but all of them have finished the main story line of their own factions.. so they do have access to the vet zones.
    Edited by MissBizz on June 26, 2015 5:55PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of my characters are parked in Rawl'kha at VR14 and are maxed crafters. There's a place where you can turn in writs but cannot pick them up in the same town, I just saw (last time I've done them was back in Stonefalls, I think).
    Where can I get more writs? Do I have to go back to Stonefalls (starter area)? I don't want to set my foot into Craglorn anymore.
    And why can't I, apparently, pick up writs in EVERY town that has a place to turn in writs?
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Coldharbour is not a vet zone. It's a storyline zone that is available upon reaching level 45 if you do the storyline, or if someone ports you there.

no... the provisioning writs

Level I = glenumbra / stonefall / auridan
    Level II
    Level III
    Level IV = east march/malabal tor/ alikr desert
    Level V
    Level VI = craglorn

bolded is what I was referring too

edit: well those are the labelled numbers on the bags you get as a reward for completing
    Edited by Faugaun on June 26, 2015 8:59PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like something is a bit buggy. I don't know for sure, but from what we have been cataloguing at UESP, there should be no instances when something is flipping between two delivery points.

At Rank V (Recipe Improvement 5), logically it should be Bangkorai/The Rift/Reaper's March if you don't have Coldharbour access (based on Main Story progress), and the Hollow City in Coldharbour if you do.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • FadedJeans
    FadedJeans
    ✭✭✭
    My Provisioning toon is level 43, is questing in Bangkorai, has Provisioning maxed out in every possible way, delivers writs to Alik'r.

Perhaps I have to get to Coldharbour before she does Bangkorai writs?
    Options
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FadedJeans wrote: »
    My Provisioning toon is level 43, is questing in Bangkorai, has Provisioning maxed out in every possible way, delivers writs to Alik'r.

Perhaps I have to get to Coldharbour before she does Bangkorai writs?

Won't matter. I have a DC VR3 that is maxed out in provisioning and all passives, has access to Coldharbour and Craglorn, and STILL has to deliver writs to Alik'r.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FadedJeans wrote: »
    Won't matter. I have a DC VR3 that is maxed out in provisioning and all passives, has access to Coldharbour and Craglorn, and STILL has to deliver writs to Alik'r.
    That's why I say it's bugged. What you are experiencing is not what should logically be happening, therefore it must be bugged.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Rastoric
    Rastoric
    ✭✭✭

You need to do the first quest in Coldharbour so you only do that zone. So if VR1 I'd make sure you do the first quest in Craglorn, which I believe is started from each factions capital city area/zone.
    Just Say No! to changing Sorcerer Magicka skills to Stamina.
    Options
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to do the first quest in Coldharbour so you only do that zone. So if VR1 I'd make sure you do the first quest in Craglorn, which I believe is started from each factions capital city area/zone.

Not true...my vr3 has never done a quest in crag and always turns in at crag.

My vr1 has not unlocked silver but flips between crag and east March (that's a level 4 and six turn in, never seen a level 5 turn in).

My vr6 and VR14 also always turn in to crag

My level 22 and level 25 turn in to east March and Malabal Tor respectively.

My observation is that if you are 6/6 you will either turn in to at least the 4th alliance zone (even if level 3).

Then if under whatever mysterious rules you qualify under (VR seems to be a requirement but not the only requirement) then you will turn in at craglorn....but some characters get stuck in a limbo and flip (unknown cause).
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I flipped between Alik'r and Craglorn until I did the first quest with the Caretaker in Cold Harbour. Since then, every writ has a Belkarth turn in. This alt has just started questing in Cold Harbour. Another alt has started Silver, also does wits in Belkarth. If I were to guess, to get Belkarth turn in for writs, at a minimum, do the first Cold Harbour quest. If that doesn't do it, make sure main story line is finished and/or do the "message across Tamriel" quest. I have done all these, and all my VRs turn in at Belkarth.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options