Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions about Wrothgar.

SG_Celerrimus
SG_Celerrimus
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I don't know about the rest of you, but I am still super excited about Wrothgar, the apparently upcoming solo PvE zone for ESO, but this morning a few questions about it came to mind, and hopefully someone that potentially knows more (or a kind ZOS person) could answer them for me.

So, does anyone know when roughly they plan to release it? I remembering hearing somewhere (although I couldn't find it) that they don't plan on releasing new content for ESO till June, and that seems like an unfortunately long time away for new content, but if it is I guess we just have to endure.

When Wrothgar comes out, will everyone be able to go in and enjoy it? For instance, if I create a level 3 Dragon Knight, would I be able to just walk in and start fighting without needing to level to X level beforehand, and still survive?
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new content until post June 2015
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    About level, i think it will be like Cyrodil, you will be upscaled to some level if you lower then zone level..
    Edited by Rydik on March 19, 2015 3:24PM
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First answer: Thats a shame :(

Second: AMAZING!
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    They said no new stuff before console launch, and then the game "needs to breath". I would'nt expect anything before September...
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said no new stuff before console launch, and then the game "needs to breath". I would'nt expect anything before September...

Most likely this.

Console launch is in June - let's say "settle down" means fixing console version and letting console players reach VR14 - another 2 months at least.

So... new content in September or October at the earliest. And that's half a year ahead and by then the last content will be 1 year old...
    Edited by Seraphyel on March 19, 2015 3:40PM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't expect new major content for a long time.

They have confirmed already that there will be a large slowdown of content from now on.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • FadedJeans
    FadedJeans
    ✭✭✭
    If it were cross faction like Cyrodiil, Wrothgar would be the new home for all the RP folk.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd expect some shiny new toys out just in time for Christmas.

I read something ZoS said (sorry, don't have a link) that suggested that DLC would scale to your level - so DLC would be open to everyone.

Of course it's a bit difficult to say what "your level" means - currently zones and mobs scale off VR, if they scale DLC off VR (which is probably most convenient for them) then VR are here to stay.

However, in a few months time people will be quite far along CP progression so there will be VR14s with different levels of capability. Not too surprising that ZoS don't want player separation...

Then again, I don't know how you can scale off CP alone, particularly when a lot of CP options have no bearing on combat capability (getting dual nodes when harvesting, riding a horse).
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    A question I have is:

Will the 3 alliances have separate instances or will the new areas allow multi-faction grouping and playing?

I suspect the former as there would need to be a break party or changes to travel to player if it is the latter.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A question I have is:

Will the 3 alliances have separate instances or will the new areas allow multi-faction grouping and playing?

I suspect the former as there would need to be a break party or changes to travel to player if it is the latter.
    Most likely separate to start with, assuming Wrothgar is Soon™. I hope they open up everything neutral to be cross-faction in the future though. (Coldharbour, Craglorn, Eyevea, Earth Forge, and future DLC zones, among others)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Stories-Bones-Tell
    My question is: Will it have anything fun or will it be just another zone to kill X number of mobs
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume that the first few will be a bit bumpy. Craglorn wasn't the success they expected since they don't have a good understanding off how people of varying types group.

I figure it will take a few rounds for them to develop a formula. Areas will have to have content for the hardcore and casual. The 2 tend to not coincide. Since it is optional to pay then they will shift based on revenue.

That will give an idea of what group spends more cash on the game.

But, I would expect they will need, new crafting sets that are decent this time. New item sets, new research types, more skyshards/skill point opportunities, amongst the usual of more quests/repeatables.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.