Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I really need help please!! Level 40 Dark Elf DK Werewolf

puppetmstrx
Let me start by saying that I was never good at making good characters in any games when it came to games with skills, gear, and how they work together. I have a problem with my character. I am a Level 40 Dark Elf Dragon Knight Werewolf that uses a Destruction Staff (I prefer to use Staffs), and my goal is to basically do extreme flame damage while still staying alive and not dying all the time...

I put all 32 attributes in Health and I was told earlier that putting them in Magicka will increase my spell damage, but then i read another thread on here that said something bout putting every point into Health and using gear to get a "Soft cap"(?) in Magicka.. I have no idea what a soft cap is at all LOL.

On my Dragon Knight skill line I have Ardent Flame 43, Draconic Power 42, Earthen Heart 16. I use light armor which is at 49, my Destruction staff is at 44, and I already maxed out Werewolf to 10. My first idea was to use Vampire, but i had a hard time keeping up with Feeding, and the Flame damage was horrible, I just never knew how to become completely "Invulnerable" against Flame damage like others have said in-game.

For my 1st ability bar I use Force Pulse, Fire Impulse, Burning Talons, Molten Weapons (just to level up earthen skill line), Volatile Armor, and Werewolf Transformation. My second ability bar is Force Pulse, Fire Impulse, Burning Talons, Coagulating Blood, and War Horn.

I would really like opinions on what skills i should use, and where you think I should distribute my attributes.

PLEASE help me. I'm not trying to be OP, but I am trying to at least stay alive and not die as much as I am lately, as well as doing Massive Flame damage. Also, what set would you recommend for a player character like mine, as well as which stats on gear I should be looking for. I would like to keep going into werewolf almost instantly over and over again, but I would also like to use a different Ultimate that is easy to spam as well.

If it matters, I am Daggerfall Covenant, I have a mic, and my psn is the same as my forum name, Puppetmstrx.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not excellent with builds either.. but I have a little insight.

There are no more "soft caps". So what you were reading was likely old and no longer relevant.

I have heard PvP players put all into health - but this was awhile back, so may no longer be the "norm". Not sure.

As a PvE player I tend to put slightly more into my main attribute (stam or magicka) than I do into health. As well, are you using glyphs on your armor to help improve your stats? Maybe take a look at your character sheet and share those stats. Such as Max magicka, spell penetration, etc. etc.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Players only have 20k health in pvp because best oneshot you can do is 17k then dumb everything in there main damage type and leave the second at base
  • puppetmstrx
    2j1sifl.jpg
    Does this help at all??