Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2 Questions

JankH
JankH
Hey guys, so I'm pretty new to the game and I'm playing on the Xbox one and I'm currently at VR 4 - I have 2 questions which are:

1: Earning money. I've looked at some videos on youtube and they all suggest the whole thieving thing. The reason I'm wondering is because I'm pretty tired of questing and I want to try out new things (like thieving) - I did also find out that by selling things in the guild store can be good for money but the problem is that a new players like me do not know certain items sell for. Quite a bit of the time I just take a wild pick and hope I make a profit.

So, outside of questing what other ways are there for making money? (apart from thieving and selling things to the guild store)

2: So I'm playing a sorcerer and I really like how it plays, the only thing is that I feel very squishy at times and I'm just wondering what I can do to help me survive longer. I've got a couple of abilities that buffs both my physical and spell resistance and since I'm a sorcerer I thaught that stamina isn't very useful so I emptied everything I had in stamina and spread it out between health and Magicka. Was that the right thing to do? or am I missing something? - For my gear everything thing I'm wearing is light. Would it be a good idea to include some medium gear? (yes, I know I asked 3 questions but oh well haha)

Thanks in advance to those who answer! :)

If anyone ranged between VR 1-4 wanna group up with me just send me a friend request and a message just saying that you are from the forums.

Here is my Gt: JankH XVI

Once again, thanks to those who answer!

PC EU
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stealing is very lucrative. My suggestion tho is only loot the green and blue items. Selling the white items doesnt make you much money. Right now I can sell 130 items a day to the fence per character. If I only sell green or blue thats 100 or 250 each. Not too bad for about an hours work.

As far as a sorc I cant help you there dont know much about them.
  • JankH
    JankH
    Stealing is very lucrative. My suggestion tho is only loot the green and blue items. Selling the white items doesnt make you much money. Right now I can sell 130 items a day to the fence per character. If I only sell green or blue thats 100 or 250 each. Not too bad for about an hours work.

As far as a sorc I cant help you there dont know much about them.

Alright, thanks for the suggestion!
    PC EU
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. As James said, thieving. Beyond that tho, If you can stand grinding, going the rounds of a public dungeon will fill your bags with vendorable items pretty quickly. If you're into gathering, flowers sell well and raw mats (people buy them in stacks to refine for tempering mats) or you can refine them for the mats yourself, sell those And sell the refined as well. Could maybe also fish for Perfect Roe but idk how profitable that would be vs time invested.
    As far as pricing goes...well since you're on console your only option is to go to one of the zone capitals where there's usually around 5 guild kiosks and do some price comparison. PC we have addons for that.

2. Yes, LA is squishy as heck these days. Use your shields (Harness Magicka + bound armor will work for you while leveling)
    Also you dont need to necessarily wear all 7 Light. You'll get the LA passives with 5 pieces and can throw a couple Heavy on there to help out. This works esp well with crafted sets (like Seducer's) as you can still get the set bonuses while having a couple of those pieces be heavy (or medium).

Oh the stam thing. What I did was get Werewolf on my casters. Passive 15% stam regen bonus and you don't even have to have it slotted. Might be the wrong thing to do, but it works pretty well for me.

Later when you have more Champ points to spare for other things there are some good stam choices in there.
    Edited by Xendyn on June 26, 2015 7:24PM
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Caesar Tantalia
    Caesar Tantalia
    ✭✭✭
    JankH wrote: »
    Hey guys, so I'm pretty new to the game and I'm playing on the Xbox one and I'm currently at VR 4 - I have 2 questions which are:

1: Earning money. I've looked at some videos on youtube and they all suggest the whole thieving thing. The reason I'm wondering is because I'm pretty tired of questing and I want to try out new things (like thieving) - I did also find out that by selling things in the guild store can be good for money but the problem is that a new players like me do not know certain items sell for. Quite a bit of the time I just take a wild pick and hope I make a profit.

So, outside of questing what other ways are there for making money? (apart from thieving and selling things to the guild store)

2: So I'm playing a sorcerer and I really like how it plays, the only thing is that I feel very squishy at times and I'm just wondering what I can do to help me survive longer. I've got a couple of abilities that buffs both my physical and spell resistance and since I'm a sorcerer I thaught that stamina isn't very useful so I emptied everything I had in stamina and spread it out between health and Magicka. Was that the right thing to do? or am I missing something? - For my gear everything thing I'm wearing is light. Would it be a good idea to include some medium gear? (yes, I know I asked 3 questions but oh well haha)

Thanks in advance to those who answer! :)

If anyone ranged between VR 1-4 wanna group up with me just send me a friend request and a message just saying that you are from the forums.

Here is my Gt: JankH XVI

Once again, thanks to those who answer!

I run a v14 dps sorcerer - a couple of hintst to help you feel less squishy:

- I always wear 5light/1medium/1heavy - the reason I do this is to get the undaunted buff but even if that buff wouldn't be there, I would still at least wear 1 heavy piece. After update XXX, they revambed their damage models. Full light peeps are supposed to feel squishy. Wearing one heavy piece will bring you a long way.

- lvl undaunted - at some point, you'll gain X% increasy in your stats per type of gear you are wearing. So combo 1heavy/1medium/5light is better than all light.

- hardened ward - this ability allows you to solo almost all ordinary content

- eat food

- spreading out between mag and health ... depends on the numbers. Work towards a balance you like (using the above) and slowly atart reducing health points, increasing mag points. The more CP you gain, the higher your VR and skills, the more you can put into mag. I'm currently at around 50 points in mag.

hope this helps (a bit)

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. try to vendor as much as you can after you've deconstructed/reserached for crafting.
    2. take some time and farm alchemy flowers and raw materials. You'll also get fishing bait this way. All of these things sell for good money at the traders.
    3. Once you have some capitol begin purchasing low priced items from traders and resell for profit. (requires knowledge of the market)
    4. Get into groups and do farming runs. Specifically, ndsa, COH, AA and HRC. Each of these instances drop loot of high value which can be immediately sold on the market.

Stick to magicka and HP yes. Make sure your using blue food at your appropriate level. Put more attr points into HP. Make sure your using armor sets (ie. magnus', warlock). Wear 5light/1medium/1 heavy. Begin doing daily pledges as often as you can to build undaunted XP. Skills to think about: Boundless storm, structured entropy (one increases health the other spell resist), bound aegis and hardened ward.
    Edited by Cuyler on June 26, 2015 7:25PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JankH wrote: »
    I did also find out that by selling things in the guild store can be good for money but the problem is that a new players like me do not know certain items sell for. Quite a bit of the time I just take a wild pick and hope I make a profit.

2: So I'm playing a sorcerer and I really like how it plays, the only thing is that I feel very squishy at times and I'm just wondering what I can do to help me survive longer. I've got a couple of abilities that buffs both my physical and spell resistance and since I'm a sorcerer

Before I got an addon that told me what things sell for, I would just browse the stores for various items. Typically, there are about 10 things you are going to sell (counting armors and weapons as one thing each) and once you know the prices that other people list them at, then you know what to sell them for. Note, if something fairly common has been in the guild store for 5 to 10 days, it is probably priced high, so price yours less. Also, if you are in a guild, look in the Sales History of the Guild, it will tell you exactly what stuff sells for. Browsing will just show you what it is listed for, and if your below other players listed price and at or near the previous sale prices, then you are listing it for the right price.

In the Storm Calling line, the second skill (IIRC) is a Shield, Boundless Storm is the Morph, but that can keep the damage down (4,000 to 5,000 damage), and deal damage to mobs, with the Boundless Storm Morph. Once you unlock Hardened Ward then use that. Once you apply Hardened Ward and keep applied, it will absorb up to 10K of damage, or more and you will never take any damage if you keep it applied. I can even tank Razzaks Wheel solo using these two skills. I think they stack as they are different effects, but I use BS for the extra damage it deals to mobs.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"