Where is the MMO part?

ElricFrancis
ElricFrancis
✭✭
I see posts and hear from friends every day the lack of a community and multiplayer in this MMO.
No one wants to voice chat.
No text support.
No modern or semi modern LFG system in place.
I mean this is starting to sound like Destiny here.....

Hey devs it's like this. Even if the game is free if it's dull no one will play it. I mean the LFG is so bad I am thinking of returning to FFARR. Least when I group I am ported inside the dungeon and ready to go then returned to where I was when I am done.

You got our money but if you seriously want us to keep using crowns then you seriously need to up your LFG system.

I mean unless you want a population like the one's playing Defiance on last gen consoles that is.
Previous MMOs: Everquest Fennin Ro 99-04 / Star Wars Galaxy Wanderhome 03-04
World of Warcraft Whisperwind 04-12 / FF 14: ARR 14
Named Usually: Realmreaver
  • markt84
    markt84
    ✭✭✭
    Have no idea what ur talking about. I hear plenty of people talking all the time. Find a guild if ur having so much trouble connecting with people. Well I've only pvp since level 10, so in pvp world there are plenty of people talking. Go there and try to find a friend
    Options
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha, they WISH! That game sold mad numbers.

Options
  • ElricFrancis
    ElricFrancis
    ✭✭
    markt84 wrote: »
    Have no idea what ur talking about. I hear plenty of people talking all the time. Find a guild if ur having so much trouble connecting with people. Well I've only pvp since level 10, so in pvp world there are plenty of people talking. Go there and try to find a friend

anddd the line of communication breaks down.

When did I mention PvP?
    When id I mention wanting to PvP?
    Why in the world would I need a group for PvP?

Here since you don't know what I am talking about.

PvE dungeons and raids.
    Hopefully that fix yer issue with not grasping what I spoke of previously.
    Options
  • ElricFrancis
    ElricFrancis
    ✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »

Yeah goes to show you that people want to be ripped off too. Or just too stupid to have seen it happening.
    Every year a New shooter or sports game comes out and slaps an hours worth of content to be sold for 10 - 20 dollars (Destiny) or for 60 a slightly revamped game with an updated roister.

I mean maybe a new shooter once every three years. You know when they got something actually new to show us?

sports games could last five years if they only did an updated roister plus some extras.
    Options
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ElricFrancis ESO had the potential to be a great MMO experience. They ruined it by listening too much to the "immersion" crowd.

That is the answer in simplest form.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

Options
  • xoduspaladin
    xoduspaladin
    ✭✭✭

When did I mention PvP?

PvE dungeons and raids.

Honestly, the same is true for PVE too, you just need to find guild, its really quite that simple. Most people are not going to have area chat on because, why the heck would you do that to yourself? People are in guild chat talking it up. Plenty of guilds out there that are recruiting and are already setting up for group dungeons and raiding. Look at the guild forum here under your console of choice and you will find them.
    Options
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    I see posts and hear from friends every day the lack of a community and multiplayer in this MMO.
    No text support.

Hey devs it's like this. Even if the game is free if it's dull no one will play it. I mean the LFG is so bad I am thinking of returning to FFARR. Least when I group I am ported inside the dungeon and ready to go then returned to where I was when I am done.

You got our money but if you seriously want us to keep using crowns then you seriously need to up your LFG system.

I mean unless you want a population like the one's playing Defiance on last gen consoles that is.

Have no idea what server you are talking about as it wasn't stated in the post..... I play EU and I cannot understand your troubles what so ever. People often talk so much it's irritating.... often get whole groups using area chat to communicate and I just cant understand why they cannot use group chat. It's either the mindless talking in thick accents I can barely tollerate or heavy breathing down the mic, usually combined with incessant rambling and talking to one self. Sorry I'd like to agree with you here but I really cannot the whole time I am getting the opposite.
    If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)
    Options
  • Ratbert
    Ratbert
    ✭✭
    Yeah goes to show you that people want to be ripped off too. Or just too stupid to have seen it happening.
    Every year a New shooter or sports game comes out and slaps an hours worth of content to be sold for 10 - 20 dollars (Destiny) or for 60 a slightly revamped game with an updated roister.

I mean maybe a new shooter once every three years. You know when they got something actually new to show us?

sports games could last five years if they only did an updated roister plus some extras.

Maybe they aren't stupid? Maybe they just stayed in school, worked hard, have a great job, and money isn't a big problem to sink into a hobby.

Give it a shot.
    Edited by Ratbert on June 23, 2015 3:40PM
    Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ratbert wrote: »

Maybe they aren't stupid? Maybe they just stayed in school, worked hard, have a great job, and money isn't a big problem to sink into a hobby.

Give it a shot.

The classic "if you had more money you wouldn't even care" comment.

I make plenty of money for my hobbies, but it's not about the money. It's about the principle. I don't know why people need to attack other people just to justify they're own financial decisions. If you don't wasting your money on DLC, good for you I guess. I still hold the opinion that paid DLC is ruining the industry for the players.
    Edited by Sallington on June 23, 2015 3:53PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, but it's just chatter. Nobody's talking to anybody. It's just noise.

There has got to be a way narrow the spectrum. I don't need 50 people shouting in my ear at the same time. It's just confusing.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    True, but it's just chatter. Nobody's talking to anybody. It's just noise.

There has got to be a way narrow the spectrum. I don't need 50 people shouting in my ear at the same time. It's just confusing.

Just use PSN Party Chat with the people in said guild you want to chat up.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • xoduspaladin
    xoduspaladin
    ✭✭✭

Give it a shot.

Agreed. I don't even like shooters and I enjoyed my time with Destiny. What really "Goes to show" is that people who cannot fathom why someone like something that they do not will always come up with some silly insulting validation to make them feel better about themselves for not liking something everyone else does. Its okay, you don't have to like what others like, but don't feel the need to defend your difference in opinion, just accept it and move on, geez...

Edited by xoduspaladin on June 23, 2015 3:57PM
    Options
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where's the mmo? It's right here! You need glasses.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
    Options
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only because trickery, and false advertisement, etc. Bungie failed to deliver, then proceeded to change the ground rules again and again. But this isn't about Bungie.

Fool me once, shame on you....

Options
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When did I mention PvP?

PvE dungeons and raids.

Honestly, the same is true for PVE too, you just need to find guild, its really quite that simple. Most people are not going to have area chat on because, why the heck would you do that to yourself? People are in guild chat talking it up. Plenty of guilds out there that are recruiting and are already setting up for group dungeons and raiding. Look at the guild forum here under your console of choice and you will find them.

Area chat is a disaster on NA, I have to continually disable it. It doesn't even require an explanation why... Community. :(

Options
  • Ratbert
    Ratbert
    ✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

I make plenty of money for my hobbies, but it's not about the money. It's about the principle. I don't know why people need to attack other people just to justify they're own financial decisions. If you don't wasting your money on DLC, good for you I guess. I still hold the opinion that paid DLC is ruining the industry for the players.

Maybe they are attacking those who are attacking/insulting them about their financial decisions?
    Options
  • VoidBlue
    VoidBlue
    ✭✭✭✭

Area chat is a disaster on NA, I have to continually disable it. It doesn't even require an explanation why... Community. :(

lol same here, i mean its a cool feature. but id rather quest quietly in peace than listen to dogs bark or 4 people cussing up a storm talking about crafting.
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No text support.

Better question is "where is the Elder Scrolls part?" Aside from the fantastic job the artists have done, I often don't feel like there is much TES in this game. The quests are boring and monotonous, the characters are transparent and the decisions you make have zero impact. The AI is horrendous and makes me long for the days where an enemy would walk away with an arrow in the head and forget that you were ever there. The best thing about this game is PvP and that's broken most of the time.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • Endless-Shogun
    Endless-Shogun
    ✭✭✭
    I hear people talk so much, I have to turn off the channel every time, I already have a group of 10 close friends that I play with. And keeping up with them is enough.

Me and my main buddy, run into such an incredibly ridiculous number of people while in the open world that we specifically look for areas to quest that have low population.

The LFG system works fine, and if by modern, you meant, the way WoW's instant que was, thats BS, thats not fun. You should seek out people to play with, build a group, meet people, "hey wanna do this dungeon",like how the good ole days of WoW where. instead of just getting instant gratification. After all, you can do the dungeons at any level, and receive appropriate rewards.

The one thing I do agree with is lack of Text.
    We desperately need a text box.
    Its weird role playing using emotes and voice...
    this is currently just an MMOG, not an MMO[RP]G
    - The Legion Empire -
    Options
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    No text support.

Better question is "where is the Elder Scrolls part?" Aside from the fantastic job the artists have done, I often don't feel like there is much TES in this game. The quests are boring and monotonous, the characters are transparent and the decisions you make have zero impact. The AI is horrendous and makes me long for the days where an enemy would walk away with an arrow in the head and forget that you were ever there. The best thing about this game is PvP and that's broken most of the time.

Just because ESO doesn't feel like a classic TES game doesn't make it not one, the same way The Hobbit is still of the LotR series despite having a drastically different feel. What makes it a TES game is the fact that it takes place in Tamriel and revolves around events happening in that universe, not how similar the game mechanics are when compared to past TES games. I consider Elder Scrolls Legends, the new card game coming out, to be a TES game. It's not even really a video game, but it revolves around the lore and universe of Tamriel.
    Edited by MCMancub on June 23, 2015 4:34PM
    Options
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    I brought up the No LFG system when the game was first released. Still nothing has been done for it.
    Options
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half the time I leave my guild chat because I can't hear the game because of all of the chatter! I cant remember the last time I found a group or spot on the map with other players that didnt have a mic. Just be helpful and chill, and you would be surprised on how many people will chat back
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

Options
  • Skr1pted
    Skr1pted

No text support.

not sure if your in pc but in options, forgot which tab ( interface/interaction/gameplay) theres a setting to turn on Chat bubble text so when you type, and when others type you can see a chat bubble above their head with text
    Options
  • ElricFrancis
    ElricFrancis
    ✭✭

Give it a shot.

Agreed. I don't even like shooters and I enjoyed my time with Destiny. What really "Goes to show" is that people who cannot fathom why someone like something that they do not will always come up with some silly insulting validation to make them feel better about themselves for not liking something everyone else does. Its okay, you don't have to like what others like, but don't feel the need to defend your difference in opinion, just accept it and move on, geez...

I wasn't defending it's called an opinion. You'll get over it. Or not. Don't care.
    Now another opinion of mine is that I chalked it up to the ADD and OCD crowd that is growing in the states. Getting to be a down right epidemic. I really don't understand why someone enjoys being ripped off or cannot even see them being ripped off.

I also can't see how Obama got into office and been allowed to assist in the ruining of our country either.

However I may be unable to see it the continuation of it and people's response is a shrug is something to think along the lines of a sickness that prevails the gaming community as a whole.

It's like a thief saying well the cost of the content doesn't matter to me since I steal everything instead of paying for it. Need a game? I'll steal it from someone or their wallet no biggie.

That is the kind of response I got from you.
    Options
  • ElricFrancis
    ElricFrancis
    ✭✭
    Ok I play North American mostly on PS4.
    I see tons of blathering chatter but nothing coherent enough to be called organized.
    I also belong to two guilds already and no one is my level to run dungeons with.
    I also can play mostly ONLY mornings not evenings.
    Seems like the game is single player until I get to level 46 THEN I can start grouping and playing with others.

I cannot believe I have to explain this to you people when there is far better examples of LFG since the mid 2000s.
    Options
  • ElricFrancis
    ElricFrancis
    ✭✭
    spawn10459 wrote: »
    I brought up the No LFG system when the game was first released. Still nothing has been done for it.

Also why likely I will stop playing soon after I hot 50. Why a lot of PC players (or so I heard) stopped. The grind end game is a punishment not a reward and they don't see it.

I guess this game is 'destined' to be just like Defiance/Star Wars Galaxy games.
    Great content and lore but end game? What end game? Endless grind maybe...
    Options
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

Give it a shot.

Could not agree more. When I started playing Video Games back in the days of NES, SNES, Sega Mega Drive, N64 etc, it was imperative that the producers of the game that were released tried their very best to get everything right first time round, and that included the longevity of the game, because there were no second chances.

Now'a'days companies release broken/incomplete games and software with the attitude of "such as life, can always release a patch if its broken and if they get bored of our incomplete, 2 hour title, we can always release some DLC and even make some more bucks in the process". Frankly it's appalling. Especially as most titles now'a'days often enough produce the DLC at THE SAME TIME as they develop the game, and hold it back to make money when the game goes stale. Some companies even produce entire new titles in line with the one they are marketing to release because they're that sure people will still purchase it once the other one has ran it's course even if it is broken or a let down.
    If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)
    Options
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is it! The forums! This is where we come to massively mingle online!

Party-time-Convertido.jpg
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One could look at that as a whole bunch of suckers happy to fork out an endless stream of cash on re-hashed content over and over and over again .. NFL games readily spring to mind.

Yes, there are shooters and sports games released like clockwork every year, EA are great at that, and there are legions of lemmings eager to snap them up, there are however very few NEW games released.

Edited by KerinKor on June 24, 2015 2:31PM
    Options
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with this for 999%
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
    Options