Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

enchanting station quest bug... or I'm an idiot... I'm stuck... help

lastango
lastango
✭✭✭
So, I was doing the quest where you get acquainted with the crafting venues... it's an early game quest... Davon's Watch I believe...

I went to the enchanting station... my quest was to craft a glyph (trifle fire glyph) and I did... and I went back to the dude I am supposed to show it to... report to... and he doesn't recognize that I did it.... so either there is a bug or I am not doing it right...

Also, anywhere to buy runes? Finding Runes is so hard for me...

Thank you for assisting me with my pedestrian question ;-)

-G
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At a guess, you did not use a Ta aspect rune for the glyph you made. Only Ta will work for enchanting writs. At least there is a place to use these up.

You can check guild stores for runes. No NPC vendor sells them. You can also buy and or loot glyphs and deconstruct them. The more points you have in extraction, the better your chance of getting runes back. You should be deconstructing glyphs anyway, as it's the best way to level enchanting. As for finding runes, all resource nodes respawn in the same locations. If you learn these sites, you can make a circuit and pick up a lot of resources. For runes, the node can respawn as any type of rune, so for best results harvest all nodes, even those you may not value, for a better chance at ones you do value. Chests are also a good source of glyphs for deconstruction. They also respawn in same locations, creating another farming oppotunity.
    Edited by Ourorboros on June 23, 2015 1:16PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    ye, like ourorboros is saying...you need to create a white coloured glyph to do it. the other colours are not excepted (although they have the same name). White colourded ones are made with Ta. So for the fireglyph you need Rakeipa (fire) - Jora (develop - to make triphling) - Ta (base).

You can find runes in the country when questing, from destroying glyphs you dont need (or ones you crafted just for the purpose of gaining xp) and buying them at the guildtraders.

I also recommend printing a good overview for glyphs:

http://www.esouniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Enchanting-Guide.png This is one I use
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, it's been a little while since the last time I did that certification quest, but I don't think it's a trifling fire glyph you're supposed to make, I think it's a trifling health glyph.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Um, it's been a little while since the last time I did that certification quest, but I don't think it's a trifling fire glyph you're supposed to make, I think it's a trifling health glyph.

Agreed. The crafting writs are almost always only for either health, magika, or stamina. The initial crafting certification one is for a health glyph.
  • lastango
    lastango
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. You were right! I somehow confused fire and health...