Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Changing alliances

Oldycow
Oldycow
Is it possible to change alliances. A good friend of mine joined ebonheart and I joined daggerfall cov. and I want to switch over. Is it possible?
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. You'll have to reroll.
  • Oldycow
    Oldycow
    I don't understand why they wouldn't allow it.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    because no one has coded a pay for Crown store purchase yet
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Oldycow
    Oldycow
    Well, is it possible to run dungeons with a different alliance member?

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    afaik you can't group up so no.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    afaik you can't group up so no.
    Correct. Pending future changes, at no point in the game are you able to play cooperatively with a member of the opposing faction. The only area you can even meet with them is Cyrodiil, where you are opponents.
  • Lifeshield
    Lifeshield
    ✭✭
    So the only way to play with friends in another Alliance is to start a brand new character and create a character from a specific race in that Alliance (that you may or may not like) unless you pay for Any Race, any Alliance, but then you still have to create a new character.

That's a bit rubbish really. They could in the very least make the Any Race, Any Alliance pack apply to existing characters too with a one time Alliance change per purchase (or have this as a seperate purchase from the pack). It still ties a character to a specific Alliance though. I never get why games force this sort of segregation, splitting up the player base (other than for money). It's not enough that we're paying £45-£60 for the game, but then we have to purchase Any Alliance, Any Race, and in the case of some re-roll, as well?

And I thought Horse Armour was a bit silly...
    Edited by Lifeshield on June 24, 2015 10:00AM
    XBL: Unreal Warfare
    Xbox One - EU Server
    Selket Shadowdancer - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant