Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which campaign has the shortest queue? I can't get into Cyrodiil. (PS4)

SalemJones
Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but I haven't been able to get into Cyrodiil at all since I hit level 10. I've been trying to enter one of the 5-day campaigns, but I'm always placed in a long queue (around 800 or so). I rarely get more than two hours at a time to play, and that doesn't seem long enough to penetrate the queue.

Is there really no way to just hop in an play for a while without having several hours of waiting time set aside? Or am I just doing something wrong? Thanks!
PS4: Breton / Templar / Ebonheart Pact

Best Answers

• Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your not doing anything wrong. They added 2 new 5 day campaigns but maybe that not enough.
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
    Answer ✓
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    The shortest overall queue on PS4 North America is currently Rislav during peak hours.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • Planchard
    Planchard
    ✭✭
    You'll get a notification saying your queue is available and you'll be instructed to hold the options button and select "Accept" on the spinwheel to join. Another way is by hitting the Options button and you'll see a "Notification" option. Go in there and you'll be able to see any notifications that you've received. You only have 1 minute to respond to it before it removes you from the queue.

If the populations are anything like the PC, Ebonheart Pact has a huge number of players and they usually have to deal with queues. The Daggerfall Covenant faction has the lowest and experience very low queues. I've queued up for Blackwater Blade, Juilek, and Azura's Star on the PS4 and the largest queue was for BWB 4 days after launch and it was close to 300. The others were 5-40 person queue which went by in less than 10 mins.
    Planchard - V14 Templar Healer DC Rank 24 (Retired)
    Leggo Mayne- V16 Stamina DK DC Rank 27

MEGA BEST FRIENDS!
    Nemesis

PSN- UGotPlanchard
    Alliance- DC
    Answer ✓
  • SalemJones
    Thanks for your help. I'll keep trying.
  • carlmcse
    carlmcse
    People should not have to queue at all it's pretty discraceful after most people spent £70.00 plus and eso subscription of £10.00 on the game to only find themselves with a product which is only half playable. It's like waiting in the store in queue to buy the game only to sit in front of you PS4 waiting to then play it. You think this is fair to your paying customers to have to wait to play a game they have already paid for. Add more campaigns for people to play on if they are full, don't that tell you guys anything. As long as your business has the money in their pocket, never mind about the customers. I see you have added more campaigns before you add to this, but there is still clearly not enough for people to use. I have queued for 5-6 hours before. Now my waiting time ranges from between 45mins to 3 hours. It's simply not really good enough. If you do finally get into Cyrodiil then you will then get this message "This may be an unusually long loading time" I can see this being the end for eso if it does not get sorted out as the gaming competition is awesome this year. To keep people interested in this without them getting too annoyed then I suggest you sort out the important issues what people keep on screaming on about and do something about it before they more on to something else and you lose sales and subscriptions. This is not a moan, this is a clearly visible problem for a lot of eso users out there and needs attention.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how high the population counts are on the Xbox One NA server. It seems far higher than it was on PC even at launch, though I don't know if they've lowered the maximum count on each instance in order to keep lag low and performance acceptable.

We could definitely use a few more shards though. Keep it mobile, and add and remove them as necessary.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • SalemJones
    UPDATE: I finally found myself in an under-90-minute queue last night, so I kept a close eye on it, avoiding loading screens (which I read one should do) as I got close to the end. And then...nothing. I checked the Campaign screen and found myself out of the queue. I assume it didn't work, but if it ever does work, what should I expect to see? Some sort of notification pop-up?
    Edited by SalemJones on June 23, 2015 5:03PM
  • SalemJones
    Planchard wrote: »
    If the populations are anything like the PC, Ebonheart Pact has a huge number of players and they usually have to deal with queues. The Daggerfall Covenant faction has the lowest and experience very low queues. I've queued up for Blackwater Blade, Juilek, and Azura's Star on the PS4 and the largest queue was for BWB 4 days after launch and it was close to 300. The others were 5-40 person queue which went by in less than 10 mins.

Thanks for all the helpful info. I'm Ebonheart for now, but I'll keep it in mind next time I start a new character.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SalemJones wrote: »
    Planchard wrote: »

Thanks for all the helpful info. I'm Ebonheart for now, but I'll keep it in mind next time I start a new character.

Just don't play EP. DC and AD haven't had queues on PC for ages on any campaign.