Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

First game wouldn't load addons, now today's mail is missing.

Greeniewolfub17_ESO
At first my game wouldn't load any add-ons. Even after restarting. Then eventually it crashed when I started grabbing attachments off my mail. Now it loads all the addons but all of todays mail is missing before I had a chance to retrieve it all. How can I get the mail back? already tried reload ui, zoning, and relogging...
Edited by Greeniewolfub17_ESO on June 23, 2015 8:43PM
Me: "Okay lets run to Alessia. Mount up and follow me!"
Me five seconds later: "Um yeah... totally forgot about that cliff..."
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to say it.. but if the very first issue was an add-on issue.. did you try totally removing add-ons and see how the game goes? (remove the add-ons from the folder, don't just turn them off)

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had to update some addons last night, so make sure the addons you put back are up to date. Minion is great for keeping things updated.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oddly enough... a couple of mine were acting up yesterday too. hmm
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Greeniewolfub17_ESO
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I hate to say it.. but if the very first issue was an add-on issue.. did you try totally removing add-ons and see how the game goes? (remove the add-ons from the folder, don't just turn them off)

add-ons shouldn't affect the mail, but yes, tried turning them off just in case. And no, it didn't help. I'm still missing all the mails I got between 1 and 20 hours ago.
  • Greeniewolfub17_ESO
    Also I submitted a support ticket and the very non-helpful advice I got was to rebind my interaction key so I could access the bank without crashing... (which had nothing to do with my ticket, because the bank isn't what crashed me. the mail was.)
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    addons may no directly affect mail, but they may well affect the display of mail

responses to support tickets are problematic (in my less than humble opinion) ... it is patently obvious that Customer Service is under pressure and the human consequence is that the people working in Customer Service handling the tickets are sometimes simply not paying attention and using standard cut & paste responses that actually don't apply to the question asked. Poor form.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend