Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need HELP! Merchants won't pay more than 0 coin!

DynastyDL513
I have barely any space left in my inventory, and every merchant i go to , whether its an armsman, blacksmith, clothier, or anyone else for that matter offer me 0 gold for my weapons which i know have value as a couple items are green. mostly weapons. PLEASE HELP!!
  • aenaerion
    aenaerion
    I have the same problem even I blue item I had was worth nothing
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from fences (who only buy stolen gear that can't be sold to other NPCs), any NPC vendor should buy the same gear at the same price, so there's no need to check different types of merchants.

Where did you get the weapons you're trying to sell? There are basic white weapons that can be obtained from containers and such in the world that are supposed to be worth 0 gold. Any weapons dropped from something that you killed, or any that are green or blue should have a gold value though...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stolen items should not even show as being able to be sold to Vendors. These are marked with a Red Indicator when you look at your inventory list. You need to find the Thieves Refuge and Fence or Launder (sell or keep basically)

There are lots of 0 gold weapons and armor that you will find that have no value other than decoration for the game. Although they do look like Epic Gear when you equip them (last I heard)

There are lots of items, like some provisioning Ingredients, Style and Trait materials that a 0 gold value. But there are also Ingredients and Style Gems that have some small value.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• deadlykitten6
    You can bank stuff as well. I do that with all the crafting stuff so I don't have it in my inventory. You don't need it in your inventory to use it at the tables.
  • nerfherder_drew
    nerfherder_drew
    Soul Shriven
    Where's the best place to bank items? I've just been destroying worthless items to make room for better gear. ..
  • Clu88er
    Clu88er
    Learn the craft skills and break them down into iron, leather etc.
    Good Hunting
  • aenaerion
    aenaerion
    The best way to bank items that you don't hve room for in you inventory is to create a second character, I named mine ser banksalot, then simply post you items from your main character. Wallah free 60 bank spaces. Also bare in mind you can do this 7 times
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the best place to bank items? I've just been destroying worthless items to make room for better gear. ..

At the bank :D
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Also, gear that is completely broken (i.e., the old gear you've worn while fighting) will sell for 0 gold, until you repair it. Repairing items costs money, though, so I wouldn't repair that gear to just turn around a sell it.