Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DMG hit numbers, taken and dealt, as well killing blow notification on screen - PVE/PVP- XBOX/PS4

d3nbark3r
d3nbark3r
✭✭✭
Pretty much says all in title. Would really improve the game for console players if the damage I deal and take appeared on screen, as well as maybe a short text such as "You have slain "insert name here" when you land a killing blow to someone, especially in PVP. PC players are able to mod their game which would be illigal for someone to do on console unless published by the games creator. I realise it's probably one of the perks of playing on PC but it would really add to the MMO experience if this was added for console. I really do not care if I avenged someone. If it was a friend I would know about it anyway if it told me who I had killed purely through basic communication.... just replace that with above suggestion.
If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would ruin the "Immersion" to be able to Toggle that information on/off
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭

That is a fair point, but to be honest I would have understood more if that was because you couldn't toggle it on or off. Either way people play MMO games for different reasons. I love Elder Scrolls with a passion but as far as quests go, the main story line is about as good as I'm going to get with this game. The rest of the quests are the same thing repeated constantly and to be honest I'm sure many people feel the same. I have lost count how many people's sons, daughters, wives and husbands I have been sent to save. The same goes for everything else.

To be honest my suggestions are based mainly towards PVP which is what I enjoy most, and in fairness these consoles are powerful enough that a few pieces of text shouldn't ruin "Immersion" in the slightest. And the ability to toggle this on and off would be nice. The game knows how much damage you just hit or took, I'm not an expert computer programmer but I'm almost certain that wouldn't be too overly complicated lol.
    If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"
    Edited by Sallington on June 23, 2015 4:07PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Anakee
    Anakee
    d3nbark3r wrote: »
    Pretty much says all in title. Would really improve the game for console players if the damage I deal and take appeared on screen, as well as maybe a short text such as "You have slain "insert name here" when you land a killing blow to someone, especially in PVP. PC players are able to mod their game which would be illigal for someone to do on console unless published by the games creator. I realise it's probably one of the perks of playing on PC but it would really add to the MMO experience if this was added for console. I really do not care if I avenged someone. If it was a friend I would know about it anyway if it told me who I had killed purely through basic communication.... just replace that with above suggestion.

Couldnt agree more.
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

I may have to copy this and post it over and over in most of the threads on here, if thats ok with you.
    Edited by Talcon on June 23, 2015 4:28PM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    y'know what ruins my "mersion"? When I start to kite a mob, and they proceed to instantly get all health back, become invincible, and run back to their spawn.

• Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talcon wrote: »

I way have to copy this and post it over and over in most of the threads on here, if thats ok with you.

Cool with me haha.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • djnewwestb16_ESO
    Especially when using siege weapons. I have no idea if I'm hitting anyone or missing or doing any damage at all. Its so underwhelming. There's no graphical feedback or indication that I'm contributing to the battle. Not to mention I find it really hard to see the damage zones of incoming enemy fire. By the time I notice the red circle I'm already dead.
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    Especially when using siege weapons. I have no idea if I'm hitting anyone or missing or doing any damage at all. Its so underwhelming. There's no graphical feedback or indication that I'm contributing to the battle. Not to mention I find it really hard to see the damage zones of incoming enemy fire. By the time I notice the red circle I'm already dead.

Very true. Quite often the camera angle doesn't even allow you to see if you are hitting your target or not. I have also hit towards the bottom of walls with long range trebuchet shots of which it's the only part of the wall I can hit from where I position my trebuchet, only to find out 5 shots later I haven't even damaged the wall. Usually my only indication of this is when after about 5 shots the keep hasn't flagged as under attack.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is a fair point,.

NO it is not a fair point, not at all.It is no point at all. That is exactly his point. :D

Anyway immershuun!!!!

Edited by PBpsy on June 23, 2015 4:44PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I way have to copy this and post it over and over in most of the threads on here, if thats ok with you.

Cool with me haha.

Cig worthy.. B)
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally understand why we can't have redistribution of horded wealth, why modders can't get paid, why poverty exists, people starve, and all must work or die in an era of abundance.

Because utopia would ruin global greed's "imurshun." /mindblown
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭

Cool with me haha.

Cig worthy.. B)

agreed
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

That is a fair point,.

NO it is not a fair point, not at all.It is no point at all. That is exactly his point. :D

Anyway immershuun!!!!

Lol but I do get why not everyone would be into this idea, and why it could possibly ruin someone's "immersion", but it is ridiculous everyone crying "immersion ruined" when ideas like this would have a far greater approval rate than disapproval rate :p
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a fair point,.

Anyway immershuun!!!!

Lol but I do get why not everyone would be into this idea, and why it could possibly ruin someone's "immersion", but it is ridiculous everyone crying "immersion ruined" when ideas like this would have a far greater approval rate than disapproval rate :p

Immersion should never be expected from a MMORPG in the first place. It's the single-player crowd that comes in here with those shenanigans.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

That is a fair point,.

Anyway immershuun!!!!

Immersion should never be expected from a MMORPG in the first place. It's the single-player crowd that comes in here with those shenanigans.

Actually it can be expected from a MMO. The thing is that I don't know what immersion means for some people anymore.
    Immersion is not something the game does it is what the player does. The game can just maybe help it a bit.A lot of people do not want to immerse themselves but see immersion as some sort of thing that is shoved down your throat or something. .

I for one have never been able to get more immersed in a game than I was in Infinity engine and similar games of that era. First person,3d.graphics no UI didn't help make games more immersive for me .Even the last 3 TES game I wouldn't consider very immersive.
    Edited by PBpsy on June 23, 2015 5:23PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

That is a fair point,.

Anyway immershuun!!!!

Actually it can be expected from a MMO. The thing is that I don't know what immersion means for some people anymore.
    Immersion is not something the game does it is what the player does. The game can just maybe help it a bit.A lot of people do not want to immerse themselves but see immersion as some sort of thing that is shoved down your throat or something. .

I for one have never been able to get more immersed in a game than I was in Infinity engine and similar games of that era. First person,3d.graphics no UI didn't help make games more immersive for me .Even the last 3 TES game I wouldn't consider very immersive.

That would be true. What is considered proper "immersion" is definitely based on the perception and preferences of each individual player. Regardless, some of the crap people expect out of a MMORPG is just fascinating, lol.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was amazed to not even find a menu kill stats tab on console.
    Most any game in any genre you kill something in has one of those especially pvp.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was amazed to not even find a menu kill stats tab on console.
    Most any game in any genre you kill something in has one of those especially pvp.

Yeah, it's dumbed down quite a bit. =\
  • Junglejim82
    Junglejim82
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly some decision maker needs fired asap , not any old decision maker right enough just whoever the brain fart belonged to. No text or damage numbers or combat log make me not wanna bother getting into this game fully which is a crying shame but no way of doing any sort of combat testing, Theory crafting or just plain old banter with the guild make this a dead duck in mmo terms. The grass here definitely wasn't greener . At least not at this point in time. Any load out's or rotations will need to be guess work or cookie cutter nonsense stolen from YouTube. I said it here before but I'll say it again console players are being treated with Contempt. In Scotland there's a saying an it applies to the dev team here.......

Do you think I'm an effing daftie?

It sure feels like it
    Jungleim
    Stamblade extrordinaire (for now)
    Mass Terror /elders of anarchy ps4 e.u
    Daggerfalls finest

Always looking for serious pvpers not afraid to mic up. See below
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181697/massterror-ps4-eu-daggerfall-are-recruiting#latest
  • Jasstenn
    Jasstenn
    ✭✭

Hahahah right awn

Kinda like the guy asking to remove the compass to allow him to, "get lost in the world"
    Somebody ate my sweet roll.

Marrowind Musketeers
    Guild Officer
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hope you don´t mind getting into my signiture :mrgreen:
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

• nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

hope you don´t mind getting into my signiture :mrgreen:

@Sallington -- Yeah, I'm jumpin' on this bandwagon as well. B)
    Edited by nastuug on June 23, 2015 6:07PM
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *disclaimer* all usage of the word "you" is generic and general, not specific to any person in this thread

Choice
    Options
    Alternatives

I dont get why this is such a hard concept to understand.

If the casuals and immersionists don't want this stuff then simply don't use it. If you're so scared that you'll somehow be "forced" to, then get your immersion pals together to run dungeons and content that requires grouping.
    You have that choice but you keep trying to force your way on the rest of us that do want it.

Who do you think it is that finds all the broken skills, abilities and items in this game?
    The people with the addons for numbers that do the testing for you.

Who do you think it is that found all the non working Champion passives?
    The people with addons for numbers that do the testing for you.

Do you have any clue how even more broken this game would be without the people that Have those numbers?

Maybe if I say it loud enough you'll get it?

options-hi.png

Are A Good Thing!

Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    If the casuals and immersionists don't want this stuff then simply don't use it. If you're so scared that you'll somehow be "forced" to, then get your immersion pals together to run dungeons and content that requires grouping.

You get an 'Awesome' just for using the word 'immersionists.' :)
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd enjoy the game so much more if we had combat numbers. Or I could see when my dot ended etc. but alas we too dum dum to use it.
    Edited by Mitchblue on June 23, 2015 6:37PM
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
  • Merkabeh
    Merkabeh
    ✭✭✭

Cool with me haha.

Cig worthy.. B)

Agreed.
    Crusader of The Knights of the Alessian Order

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" - Sallington

#CommunicationEquality
  • hanslanda
    hanslanda
    Soul Shriven
    Yes please, just give us floating/scrolling combat text at the very least, don't really care about combat logs, but I would at least like to know when I've hit something and for how much!
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly some decision maker needs fired asap , not any old decision maker right enough just whoever the brain fart belonged to. No text or damage numbers or combat log make me not wanna bother getting into this game fully which is a crying shame but no way of doing any sort of combat testing, Theory crafting or just plain old banter with the guild make this a dead duck in mmo terms. The grass here definitely wasn't greener . At least not at this point in time. Any load out's or rotations will need to be guess work or cookie cutter nonsense stolen from YouTube. I said it here before but I'll say it again console players are being treated with Contempt. In Scotland there's a saying an it applies to the dev team here.......

Do you think I'm an effing daftie?

It sure feels like it

That's exactly it. Most of my build is more or less what I know works for PC, but the game seems so dramatically altered I'm probably urinating in the wind here. Oh wells, this is still the best console MMO to date IMO. Never winter wasnt the best and a bit pay to win, I'm happy that this game only allows for mount upgrades and some pointless costumes. Wouldn't have minded the 10% exp ring from marriage but am sure I can pursuade someone at some point.

A lot of replies agreeing to my OP here but I only see 1 agree on the post ;)
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    as a toggle, but please not forced on us.