The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Windows 10

AllPlayAndNoWork
AllPlayAndNoWork
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we have any official information from ZoS @ZOS_AmeliaR on the impact of Windows 10 and ESO. Free upgrades roll out on the 29th July and I cannot seem to find any information on how the game would perform if I was to upgrade to Win 10.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we have any official information from ZoS @ZOS_AmeliaR on the impact of Windows 10 and ESO. Free upgrades roll out on the 29th July and I cannot seem to find any information on how the game would perform if I was to upgrade to Win 10.

The won't give that and the simple reason is that windows 10 is subject to change till it is out.

If you want to have a bugfree experience without software not working, you should wait atleast 6 months after a new windowsrelease before getting it.

Having said that, many players have been testing windows 10 technical preview and reported there are NO big issues with it that stops you from playing ESO. Yours truly included. Have been playing eso since march and have been using windows 10 since januari. No big issues different then other windows versions (have to run the game in admin mode, had to add exclusions to the firewall. I get the patch manifest error from time to time, etc, but thats nothing that other windows players dont suffer. the only"new" thing is that in windows full screen mode, the windows bar prefers to be on top. but with alt tab it is easy to show him to his place).

So no, it is unlikely that you get an official respons, but yes it will work.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Options
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Win 10 has no problems with ESOTU. Plays lot better in 10 than Win8 or Win8.1 or Win7 for that matter. As for Win XP who still runs that? Relax order it and sit back relax.

Now after all that yes we will have to do the upgrade first (unless they allow us the iso first to copy to DVD or Flash drive) but once you do the upgrade I will put the ISO on my flash drive and do a fresh install but am just like that.

Do not expect an Official response from ZoS think they little busy right now fixing bugs. :smiley:

That is what us testers are for!!
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Options
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing ESO on Win 10 for the last few months.
    Options
  • Juice805
    Juice805
    Soul Shriven
    windows 10 worked great for me until today I updated to 10130, then a box comes up says to hit a shortcut for a Game bar, and ESO crashes :/

UPDATE: Seems like everytime 10 updates i need to uninstall and reinstall NVIDIA Geforce experience.I did that, updated the driver and it seems to run fine now
    Edited by Juice805 on June 22, 2015 8:18PM
    Options
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    So do you keep updating from dev preview to dev preview until the new Windows 10 is finally out?
    Options
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    the technical preview used to update itself all the time. you could choose to be on the fast cycle or the slow cycle (fastest, new features, elements and updates quicker, but also new bugs more quickly, slow for more stable versions). The last technical preview update has been some time ago, likely cause they have made the final build and allready are in the shipping process (as it takes time to get all the boxed versions sent to all corners of the world).

Personally I'm de-installing windows 10 and likely get windows 7 for a while, but that has to do with school. I'm going to refresh my professional certifications, starting there.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Options