Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

mage guild quest after you find the last book (i think)

haamfish
haamfish
✭✭
i'm pretty sure ive got all the books, but i havent done one where we get the island back and i havent got the title of master wizard.

i just started the next faction quests and im VR1 so i was wondering how im supposed to start that quest?

my friend finished it and hes 5 levels below me but i havent even started it yet?

usually shaladore just appears and tells you to go somewhere, but so far nothing.

i tried going to the hollow city mages guild and talking to them, nothing. Went back to riften, nothing.

heeeeelp
  • haamfish
    haamfish
    ✭✭
    bump, when i talk to valaste in the riften mages guild she says shes ready to monkey rum butter, part of the quest i wanna start, but then the only option is 'goodbye' and nothing happens after that.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. The last quest doesn't appear to trigger.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Corvina
    Corvina
    I have this exact same problem. I can't even find Valaste anywhere let alone find the next part of the mages guild chain.
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    What is your current mage guild rank?
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this bug too. Not being offered the quest and nothing in my quest log.
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I found Valaste in Rawl'kha but she just says Monkey Rum Butter, goodbye.

I am also Veteran 1.

Is it because I took the reset crystal from Cadwell after killing molag bal, does this mean i'm back to the first mage guild quest on the chain again, except I need to do it in Ebonheart Pact at Veteran difficulty?

Or are we just making excuses for their bugs?

My Mage Guild is currently rank 4. I finished fighter's guild, that is now rank 8.
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I found Valaste in Rawl'kha but she just says Monkey Rum Butter, goodbye.

I am also Veteran 1.

Is it because I took the reset crystal from Cadwell after killing molag bal, does this mean i'm back to the first mage guild quest on the chain again, except I need to do it in Ebonheart Pact at Veteran difficulty?

My Mage Guild is currently rank 4. I finished fighter's guild, that is now rank 8.

Panic over. I needed to find more lorebooks to increase mage guild to rank 5. And I'd somehow missed loads, thought I was pretty good at map exploration. Installed an add-on to show them on the map - now frantically hunting them down. I missed loads. If anyone sees a veteran rank running around Khenarthi's Roost... that'll be me.
  • Argantis_Dragonheart
    Oddly, even though this is an old issue, I am having this problem. I am v14, mage guild rank 10, and I cannot get shalidor to appear.
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VR 5 Mage guild 6 not appearing for me either, has there ever been a a solution offered up for this ?
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am also Veteran 1.

Panic over. I needed to find more lorebooks to increase mage guild to rank 5. And I'd somehow missed loads, thought I was pretty good at map exploration. Installed an add-on to show them on the map - now frantically hunting them down. I missed loads. If anyone sees a veteran rank running around Khenarthi's Roost... that'll be me.

Wow next faction and only lvl 5? Missed a good chunk of lore books there buddy. I was lvl 8 before coldharbour.

Edited by sadownik on June 23, 2015 10:03AM