Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are Guilds worth it? (ps4)

CuteLilBunny
CuteLilBunny
✭✭
Got an invite and asked about a few, and saw I could join five, but is it really worth it in the long run, if you don't have a headset, or have hearing disbilities you can't really be active can you?

You'll have no clue whats going on, and most Guilds I would think are centered on endgame content.
Edited by CuteLilBunny on June 22, 2015 3:59AM
Shouriko Dark Elf Ebonheart Pact

When the housecat gives away your position.
  • Babo-Sekki
    I honestly don't care about "Guilds" but since this forum doesn't have a trading section I joined trading guilds. The guild store helps out a lot by saving me time to look for materials for crafting... materials that are needed to complete quests....better gears..etc. I also joined a regular guild with active members to do quests and pvp.
  • Regicidus
    Regicidus
    Soul Shriven
    Join a trading guild and leave it at that. You can make a lot of gold selling stuff you don't want without saying a word
    Edited by Regicidus on June 22, 2015 1:19PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well on consoles, it's unfortunate for the hearing impaired (ie. no text chat) otherwise yes a guild is very beneficial. With only emotes and voice chat you're not going to be able to be super active in the guild if in fact hearing impared. As stated grab a couple for trading/buying/selling which should still be feasible in that situation.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on June 22, 2015 10:52PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most Guilds I would think are centered on endgame content.

Some Guilds are, but a number of guilds are also just for Crafters, or Trading, or Leveling Content or RP or whatever. A crafting guild would be good to join as you can more easily get traited items for research for example.

I do agree that without a text chat method, hearing impaired are going to have difficulties interacting with the a guild. Although you can send mail to people in the guild, but that would be hit or miss if your sending to the right person.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kevto
    kevto
    Soul Shriven
    You can be very active if you do have a working microphone and others are not afraid to talk to strangers either. Communicating by a text chat method isn't really working great without having a USB keyboard unless you're really depending on the text chat feature. It's really up to you actually on how much effort you're willing to put into the guild. Sometimes, it can be very rewarding, making many news friends and playing along with each other in a guild. That's my opinion though.
    onlinegamer499 PS4/EU
  • CuteLilBunny
    CuteLilBunny
    ✭✭
    ZOS, are you going to anything for your hearing impaired clientele...we do exist you know.
    Shouriko Dark Elf Ebonheart Pact

When the housecat gives away your position.
  • ZOS_Racheal
    ZOS_Racheal
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings @CuteLilBunny ,

There is currently an ongoing console text chat discussion happening HERE. We are that you please direct all of your feedback regarding this topic to that thread.

Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.