The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Dolmen issue

Kouri
Kouri
Soul Shriven
I just want to know, how often do you receive chests when you complete a dolmen?

Everytime?
Half the time?
Few and far between?

I ask, because I have completed most if not all of the dolmens from Stonefalls through Shadowfen and I have received maybe, if I'm lucky, 5 chests combined.
Rayyek Altmer Sorcerer VR12 (EP)
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that there is a cooldown timer on the chests, so if you are just going from dolmen to dolmen, you will likely miss out on some. But if you are doing dolmens along the way, you will likely get a chest each time.
    Options
  • Kouri
    Kouri
    Soul Shriven
    I just completed another one.

I cleared most of it by myself, two other people showed up after I had destroyed two of the anchors. I destroyed all five of the anchors along with doing a majority of the damage and I still did not get a chest........
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you 5+ levels above the mobs at the dolmens? If you are, killing them doesn't give you XP (although I think you'll still get completion XP the first time you do a given dolmen), and you won't get a chest from the dolmen.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Kouri
    Kouri
    Soul Shriven
    I was more than five levels higher than this last one.

Most of the others I did I was lower level than them. One I did with a friend, his level was higher than the dolmen, not more than five higher though, and I was lower, I did not receive a chest on that one either, while he did receive one.

Now, I say I didn't receive one, I don't know if one was there and I just wasn't able to see it or if it just never spawned.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kouri wrote: »
    I was more than five levels higher than this last one.

Now, I say I didn't receive one, I don't know if one was there and I just wasn't able to see it or if it just never spawned.

The chests spawn in about the same place each time, at 4:00 with the steps being considered 6:00. However there is the light show that makes it hard to see until it's over. The chest should stay a reasonable amount of time for you after the light show is over (they are instanced to you , not the group that was at the Dolmen.

However 5 or more levels over, you for sure don't get the chest. Just the count towards the Dolmen Achievement. Note, the 5 levels over does not matter on VR Ranks, I was going around with my VR13 and getting chests on VR6 dolmens.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options