Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About the MOTIF 14 DEADRIC from the store ( 1500 Crowns )

HUREEKANE
HUREEKANE
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I bought the Motif 14 Deadric from the Crown Store but when trying to craft anything, it says i still need to learn this style.

I do have level 4, 5 and 6 on blacksmith, Woodworking and Clothing. So what am I missing?

Any help will be gladly appreciated. :)

Thank you,

HUREEKANE

Best Answers

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    The books are character specific, not account-wide. Presuming you are using the correct toon, put in a ticket if its not fixed by simply logging out and back in again.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Answer ✓
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have item called "daedra heart"? ITs required to craft something in daedric style. TO craft item you need enough materials (metal, leather, cloth, wood), a style material which for daedric is daedra heart, and optionally trait material (and that trait have to be researched).

If you have all materials and still cant craft it, then this seems to be a game glitch and you should contact support.
    Answer ✓
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After buying motif it should appear in your inventory as 'consumable' book. Upon consuming it/reading it you then learn daedric style.

Also keep in mind for future, that that description says: needs rank X of any of the metalworking, tailoring or woodworking passives. Its not lvl X of your metal/wood/cloth skill, its the passive that lets you use higher lvl materials. So when for example it says you need Rank 9 of any of the ...... passives you actually need lvl45 of woodworking/metal/clothing
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on June 14, 2015 11:38PM
  • HUREEKANE
    HUREEKANE
    Soul Shriven
    Hello maximus,

Thank you for the speedy answer,

However, I did follow the steps that you suggested when I bought this Motif at the time. I did see a message on the screen about the new style, but when I try to craft, the only style unlocked ( non red item ) is the Nord, the one that belong to my character. I understand that all the other should be red ( locked ) as well because I did not learn them. But the Daedric one is red too, and a small phrase under the style says that I have to learn this style before I can use it.

I'm confused,

HUREEKANE
  • HUREEKANE
    HUREEKANE
    Soul Shriven
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    The books are character specific, not account-wide. Presuming you are using the correct toon, put in a ticket if its not fixed by simply logging out and back in again.

Yep! I did a re-start on my Xbox One and now the message is no longer. Looks like I have learned this style.

Awesome.
  • HUREEKANE
    HUREEKANE
    Soul Shriven
    After buying motif it should appear in your inventory as 'consumable' book. Upon consuming it/reading it you then learn daedric style.

Also keep in mind for future, that that description says: needs rank X of any of the metalworking, tailoring or woodworking passives. Its not lvl X of your metal/wood/cloth skill, its the passive that lets you use higher lvl materials. So when for example it says you need Rank 9 of any of the ...... passives you actually need lvl45 of woodworking/metal/clothing

Thank you so much for clarifying this point for me. I also realized that I was confused about the difference between active/passive abilities.

Everything is back in order now. Thanks again for the awesome support!

Cheers! :)