The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for a crafting buddy

ChloeWilde
Hi there! I'm a lifetime Elder Scrolls player, but I recently started playing TESO and I'm struggling to get my head around the crafting system. People tell me that I should find a crafting partner, so I can deconstruct what they build and gain inspiration.

Are there any generous players out there who would be kind enough to buddy up with me? Thank you! :)
EU Megaserver • Dinah Valiant • Imperial Templar
Imperial Trading Company
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can help you out with that. But you are on the Euro Server.

As far as deconning stuff that others make, it is a double edged sword. Unless you are both building up the skill, only one benefits, the deconner. Reason, we get very little Inspiration (crafting exp) from making equipment (unlike Consumable Crafting).

However, I do have a good tip for you to get the decon, and research fodder that you need. Farm Public Dungeons that are near your level. There is one in each Zone, but some are set to the lower level of the zone, so be aware of that as you enter a zone. You can also farm overland mobs and the mobs you deal with on quests too, but the PDs are for dedicated farming of loot. But decon all loot that you don't need for research, and you will grow your skills quite fast. Remember, your not there for Experience, your there for loot, so the group size your with does not matter.

Anyway, empty your bags (use a Mule if you have to) so you can stay in the dungeon as a long as possible and kill mobs and loot. If your by yourself, this can be tricky, but with two or small group, it is easy. I leveled 4 Mules up to L12 in all 3 of the Equipment Crafts in one day by farming zombies and having the mules decon stuff.

Also remember you only need to raise the crafting skill if you need to get to the next tier. Once you have the min skill to unlock a new material for your character's level, you can craft the entire range of that material as your character grows.

I would put points into the Extraction and Research passives as they unlock to make this more efficient. And, the Passives for Temper usage can wait as most gear does not need to go above Green while your leveling. I never made any Blue gear until I was in my 40's, and Purple until I was at VR Ranks. I have yet to make anything Gold.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ChloeWilde
    Thank you for the great advice, Nestor! Can you tell me where the public dungeon in Glenmbra is? I will definitely check it out once I leave Betnikh. Thanks again!
    Imperial Trading Company
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, you won't need to find a crafting buddy. As long as you're a player that doesn't rush about and continually skip enemies you'll end up with all the weapons and armour you'll ever want to deconstruct to aid your crafting. Also remember to research, that will help you with inspiration. Finally, there are crafting writs these days too, which are not so difficult to do, and will reward you with quite a nice amount of inspiration among other things

Note that the only profession that really doesn't apply to is Enchanting, as it's still relatively challenging to learn alone. But that I mean it just takes more time.

Public dungeons are a handy place yes, especially for glyphs for enchanting, but to a lesser degree for arms and armour also.
    The public dungeon in Glenumbra is called Bad Man's Hallows, and is located to the west of Daggerfall along the coast.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to TESO ChloeWilde.

If you mail @Turelus materials of any quality I will be more than happy to craft things and send them back for you, as well as craft any items you need for research free of charge, with the exception of Nirnhoned items due to the high cost of the item.

If you want to skip the gold costs of constant mails you're also welcome to add me as a friend and we can meet up and trade if you're playing for the EP faction, if not it will have to be via mails sorry.

If another player who can benefit from deconstruction of what you make happens to post though I will step aside for that person so they can gain the inspiration as well.

For a list of all the research I am currently able to do please check here, I try to keep it up to date but forget most of the time.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ChloeWilde
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Honestly, you won't need to find a crafting buddy. As long as you're a player that doesn't rush about and continually skip enemies you'll end up with all the weapons and armour you'll ever want to deconstruct to aid your crafting. Also remember to research, that will help you with inspiration. Finally, there are crafting writs these days too, which are not so difficult to do, and will reward you with quite a nice amount of inspiration among other things

Note that the only profession that really doesn't apply to is Enchanting, as it's still relatively challenging to learn alone. But that I mean it just takes more time.

Public dungeons are a handy place yes, especially for glyphs for enchanting, but to a lesser degree for arms and armour also.

Thank you, Rev Rielle! That's great advice. I'm primarily solo, exploring the world to completion like I did Oblivion and Skyrim, so I'm glad to hear this won't hold me back. Thank you for the heads up on the dungeon. :)
    Turelus wrote: »
    Welcome to TESO ChloeWilde.

If you mail @Turelus materials of any quality I will be more than happy to craft things and send them back for you, as well as craft any items you need for research free of charge, with the exception of Nirnhoned items due to the high cost of the item.

If you want to skip the gold costs of constant mails you're also welcome to add me as a friend and we can meet up and trade if you're playing for the EP faction, if not it will have to be via mails sorry.

If another player who can benefit from deconstruction of what you make happens to post though I will step aside for that person so they can gain the inspiration as well.

Wow, thank you so much, Turelus! I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. I currently main in DC, but I'll be joining EP this week with an alt so I will be sure to add you! Thank you again. o:)
    Edited by ChloeWilde on February 20, 2015 1:55PM
    Imperial Trading Company
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChloeWilde wrote: »
    Thank you for the great advice, Nestor! Can you tell me where the public dungeon in Glenmbra is? I will definitely check it out once I leave Betnikh. Thanks again!

Bad Man's Hollow i think it is called. Anyway, go to the docks, turn left, go down the beach a ways. It is a L6 Public Dungeon. Final boss does take a crowd, so be aware of that.

However at L3 to L6, I would not be worrying about crafting. You can't afford the skill points. For the first 15 levels, unless you are farming skyshards in zones your not supposed to be at yet, your skill points are going into combat and defense skills (actives) and then from 15 to 25 (when the need for skill points seems to skyrocket) your using them on your passives and second weapon.

So, just decon the white loot you get, sell the rest and you will level crafting up just fine. Crafting is more important for Crafted sets than just stuff to wear. Crafted sets don't start being useful until L20 or so. In the mean time you can wear what you loot, and decon/research the stuff you don't need.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ljungstroem
    Ljungstroem
    ✭✭✭
    I am playing on Xbox One EU Servers for the EP Alliance. I am in love with blacksmithing and have already spent a whole lot of money on the skil.. I would love to be your blacksmith partner!

GT: Ljungstroem