Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Players on xbox one hanging round the ww shrine scamming people

RaPiDkIlLzZz
RaPiDkIlLzZz
Soul Shriven
People who have been lucky enough to become werewolves are hanging around the ww shrine asking people for money to bite them, they are charging between 5000 and 50,000 gold taking the money and not delivering the bite, it's getting ridiculous, when there is a full moon people who are already werewolves are hanging around the areas were werewolves spawn and killing them so there is a lot of us not even getting a chance to become a werewolf. Can the developers look into this? Unless we know someone who is a werewolf we have very little chance of becoming one.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    The devs have explainend in the past that the way the spreading of the dissease is working is how they want it.

They want it to be rare (somewhat). You need to get a bite from a friend or be lucky with the spawns.

although charging money for a bite is allowed, scamming is not. don't be a victum by not paying for a bite before they bite you. If you are scammed, then make sure to report it. The person responsable can then be banned (and likely will)

Also understandthat on the consoles it is a hype cause the dissease is rare. By hanging round the shrine or wasting your time in becoming one, you are contributing to the hype. The same thing happend on the pc, but it cooled down pretty quickly. So better is to forget bout it for now. In a month or two everyone who wants to be one will be one and will be it for free!
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • RaPiDkIlLzZz
    RaPiDkIlLzZz
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for your reply Ranique, I never thought about it that way, there is a particular group hanging round the werewolf shrines, there names all start with mobo they have scammed a lot of people, my friend being one of them, I personally wouldn't be silly enough to give someone money before the bite, and have enough patience to wait until someone is ready to bite me or I get lucky with the spawn. Thanks again for your reply.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isnt it a common sense to NOT TRUST STRANGERS?

You should trust your money only to friends (most of time), guildmates (but still be wary of them).

You dont just ask some stranger in real life to go inside a supermarket and buy you a TV giving him $1000 and then letting him dissapear in the crowd...

You cant depend on ZOS babysitting you at every step of game. People got to think on their own too.
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on June 20, 2015 1:49PM
  • King Bozo
    King Bozo
    ✭✭✭
    People who have been lucky enough to become werewolves are hanging around the ww shrine asking people for money to bite them, they are charging between 5000 and 50,000 gold taking the money and not delivering the bite, it's getting ridiculous, when there is a full moon people who are already werewolves are hanging around the areas were werewolves spawn and killing them so there is a lot of us not even getting a chance to become a werewolf. Can the developers look into this? Unless we know someone who is a werewolf we have very little chance of becoming one.

I would suggest if you pay for a bite don't give any gold until you are bite and have quest. You must complete the quest before coming a full ww. I bite someone the other day for free. You can't get ripped off or scammed if you receive bite first.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then we have -> players getting bites but running away without paying.
    Its common sense to not give someone your goods before you get payment.
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on June 20, 2015 2:08PM
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    And then we have -> players getting bites but running away without paying.
    Its common sense to not give someone your goods before you get payment.

Yes and both are a bannable offense.

But cause on the consoles, the scam is the other way around, it is common sense that the biter bites first and then gets payed. If he dissagrees with that, he can always not bite people.

The issue is that it is possible to do a scam over and over by promising to bite for a sum of money. the other way around happens, but a player can only do it once (or atleast not after paying an amount of money to the priest of arkay, and would only be to troll, and nothing else).

PC player - EU
  • AnAngryGinger
    AnAngryGinger
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like on Xbone I'm going to become a werewolf then bite people for weeks for free.

That'll put a stop to that *** real quick.
    Xuth!
  • Cameron_Star
    Cameron_Star
    ✭✭
    I want to be a vamp. Sick of camping for hours with no joy and being taunted to pay 15k or more.
    It sounds like on Xbone I'm going to become a werewolf then bite people for weeks for free.

That'll put a stop to that *** real quick.

I'm going to do the same, I'll accept small tips if the player insists but I don't want to make hard and unenjoyable for everyone else.
  • iclownz
    iclownz
    Soul Shriven
    I was hanging by the werewolf shrine on a press assignment and someone offered to do a bite for 3k ESO gold. I am supposed to do an article on the werewolf thing but this player did scam me, then took off and ghosted offline. Then his friend came into the party chat and laughed non stop while cursing me. I saved the pictures of the messages where he said ok to the bite for 3k eso gold and took a snapshot of his friends list as there were only 3 people on there. I have a feeling those 3 people are the same person and probably transfer the gold from one account to another.
    Main: lvl 47 Templar / Vampire / Daggerfall Covenant | Xbox One | North America
    Alt : lvl 4 Dragonknight / Werewolf / Daggerfall Covenant | Xbox One | North America
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its " Yes and both are a bannable offense." then i hope people know it and report it.

Or people who play on consoles need to start an advertising campaign to inform people about their rights.
  • iclownz
    iclownz
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed Maximus. ESO should allow a forum to post gamertags/pics/ESO account names with proof of the scams and take action.

My friend went back to the werewolf shrine and sure enough the same guy who was ghosting offline was back there. He used the in game report option. I also contacted ESO through the support section with pictures of proof and then just filled out a complaint with the xbox enforcement team as well, and forwarded them a copy of the message. These people probably have multiple accounts tied on the same box or ESO account doing this over and over to build up gold then transfer to one main account.
    Main: lvl 47 Templar / Vampire / Daggerfall Covenant | Xbox One | North America
    Alt : lvl 4 Dragonknight / Werewolf / Daggerfall Covenant | Xbox One | North America
  • AnAngryGinger
    AnAngryGinger
    ✭✭✭
    And if there's a limit on bites per day I'll make appointments with people.
    Xuth!
  • Leland
    Leland
    Soul Shriven
    Mehhh
    Edited by Leland on June 21, 2015 2:50PM
  • DoubleShot27
    Leland wrote: »
    Watch out for Lets Rush Left on Xbone. Only scammed me for 2k but he messaged me bragging about the 56k hes made. I saw him today just sitting in the rift for like four hours. He was also with a group running around trolling randoms in area chat. Im sitting there questing for my gold while they sit there and scam.[/quote

naming and shaming can get u banned off the forums just to let u know :)
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

None are a bannable offense.
    Same thing happened on PC back when everything was fresh and new and everyone was... stupid and too trusting.
    Find something else to do than hunting for bites in the meantime... it will settle down after a few weeks.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    tengri wrote: »
    Ranique wrote: »

None are a bannable offense.
    Same thing happened on PC back when everything was fresh and new and everyone was... stupid and too trusting.
    Find something else to do than hunting for bites in the meantime... it will settle down after a few weeks.

Scamming is bannable.

From the Terms of service
    You agree not to use any Service..... to Engage in....... other commercial activities

So any kind of ingame trading is a violation of the terms of service.
    Those terms of service have always been much broader and means you are actually not allowed to play the game at all. It is how Zenimax uphelds the rules.

So lets look at statements from ZoS how they handle scammers:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/633198/#Comment_633198
    Scamming violates our terms of service and we will address it accordingly.

So yes, it is something that will get you suspended

PC player - EU
  • Cameron_Star
    Cameron_Star
    ✭✭
    What's the best way to report a player for scamming?
    Like the guy above, luckily I only got ripped off 2k for wanting a vampire bite in Bangkorai. I have messages saying he would do it and a video to prove that he just ran off after taking my gold. I stuck around the shrine for a while and noticed him in interactions with other non-vampire players, which were undoubtedly more scams.
    This is the first and last time I'm doing this. If someone wants me to pay for a bite, then they can be the one who risks getting scammed and bite me before payment. I will pay though, I'm not that kind of person.

This was last night just before I went to sleep and I didn't think about the in-game report feature until this morning. I don't know if it's too late for that, or if I have to do it with them right next to me. I don't doubt they'll be there next nightfall, so I'll do it then either way.
    But is there a better way to report? Because I really want to bring attention to this player to get him banned for this ****.
    Edited by Cameron_Star on June 21, 2015 11:47AM
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now we are already down to suspended, not banning anymore?

"Accordingly" can stand for anything... and we are talking console here without any text chat evidence to start with. Even if Z would record any possible conversation (and that's a really big if) they most certainly dont have the time and manpower to manually listen through it every time someone claims to have been scammed.
    What could they see? Someone handing over some gold to someone else. Without any more context.
    Nothing's gonna happen here. Ever.
    Edited by tengri on June 21, 2015 11:51AM