Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Couple questions

akhanvict
akhanvict
Hey I'm level 32 now was going d.staff magicka dunmer dragonknight recently switched to dual wield staMina based.. so my questions are one do i go wwarewolve or vampire? Also am I able to later change from vamp to wolf or? Last question pvp wise do range based players have a big advantage or melee players ? Have not tried pvp yet waiting to hit 50 before I do.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    "one do i go wwarewolve or vampire?"

A: Vampire is giving more and better benefits then werewolves, but the price is also higher. As you are a dunmer, you can outcancel this disadvantage through your racial skills. The disadvantage is not gone fully and specially in PvP, vampires have it a bit harder.

"am I able to later change from vamp to wolf"

A: Yes. Both are disseases and you can cure yourself at a priest of Arkay for a modest fee. once cured you can get affected by either of the disseases again. keep in mind that all skillpoints invested in a line will be gone once you cure yourself. So it is wise to visit the shrine first to reset all your skillpoints.

Last question pvp wise do range based players have a big advantage or melee players

B: not really. melee builds often have a ranged skill to pull the foe or push yourself forward to the foe.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    As stamina based you will want to go werewolf. Werewolf in human or werewolf form gives you a stamina regen bonus, which will be really nice. Also werewolf skills scale on stamina, vampire skills scale on mana.

You can switch it up later if you would like.

Melee is perfectly fine in PvP. Melee tends to do more damage, but it is harder to maintain the close distance. It has a fair balance. You can also roll dodge a lot, which is pretty op in pvp atm. That said you want range for when facing off against large groups or on a keep wall. Running into melee range against a large group can kill you quickly. You will also be pretty useless on a keep wall with out some range.

I should follow my own advise. I myself am a DK Tank. Have only played tank since launch. Naturally I run double sword and board. Being a tank does give me some leeway to charge into a group and still get out alive after getting a kill. On keep walls my only contribution is standing in front of allies casting reflective scales and using obsidian shard if someone gets to close. I'm thinking about changing this but I'm pretty hardheaded in my play style. I also tend to build for small group encounters, though they are few and far between in PvP.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on June 20, 2015 5:39PM