The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hey ZOS, I love this game but finding other players in my group using the map...

Shazbanger
Playing with my mates is tedious, for a few reasons. Can I just preface, that this is purely based on my experience so far with ESO on PS4. Some of you may agree, others may not, but lets have this conversation anyway. This isn't hostility, or whinging, just some simple feedback from a average bloke. To be honest, if nothing changes, I'll still play, and still will hold this game in high regard, but this is more just something I would love to see in the future, if possible..

Most days, I'll go to work, work hard, come home, feed my 2 pugs and my wife, listen to her talk about her day while loading up my PS4, sit down on the couch, load up ESO, join my PS4 party chat with 7 mates. We're all Aussies playing on the NA server (For the Pact!) We're all having a good time, John is telling me about how he had a magpie swoop him while he was laying some bricks during the day, and Fred will often tell a bit of a story about how he had a blowout on his double pluggers, or how some muppet in a ford cut him off while he was munging down a four'n'twenty on the road. I load in, travel to player, and see what he is up to. But as soon as I travel, I hit an issue. "WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YA M8" Jonny says. I look at my little bar minimap at the top of the screen, and can't see where he is. If I spin around 360, I get a little white dot that appears on the edge of my screen, and I can kinda get an idea of where he might be, or at least a general direction of it. After I run toward him, I finally meet up with him.

I hardly ever play this game solo. Its generally always with a few mates, and its not even that we are trying to power level, or level up fast or anything like that. We take our time, soak up the lore, have a bit of fun with other players, group up, share quests, run around everywhere together, and just kinda chill. We all group up for some PVP action and castle slaying. But it is incredibly difficult to find people sometimes, especially when you're in the midst of a chaotic ***, and your mate Fred is trying to get to you to heal, but can't because he has to go into his map by pressing the space bar, opening up the map, seeing where you are, clicking r3 to set a destination, run toward that destination, and hope to god you're either not dead yet, or haven't run for your life because you were getting pumped by enemies while John is on the can.

Something as simple as allowing your group members, or guild members to appear on your little bar mini-map at the top of the screen with a blue circle, or a red dot, or yellow triangle or a pink flamingo. Honestly, I couldn't care less what it is, just as long as it stands out enough that I don't have to open my map, to run to a friend. If you don't want it to ruin immersion, I get that too, make it optional. And I get the whole "The crown appears, you should be following the leader" etc etc, but sometimes our team will split into group of 2 (4 in each team) and do different things while we are queued for PVP, which doesn't really help.

I couldn't care less about the voice prox chat, text chat, char names, etc. I'm sure there is enough people passionate about that, that I don't need to jump on that train, but this is one small thing, that will make an incredible difference to my mates and I's game play, in terms of simply just making the game flow a bit easier. I understand its like what, week 2? And that these things won't happen overnight, or even within a month or 2, but is there any chance that this request could be added to some kind of list for someone to look at, maybe acknowledge that its something that might just make playing with ya mates a bit easier and fluid, and make the experience as a whole much more enjoyable?

As I said, at the end of the day, I'll still play, as I'm sure all my mates will too, but would love the above to happen at some stage.

Thanks ZOS, you guys rock. Keep up the good work.
Edited by Shazbanger on June 18, 2015 1:59AM
  • Dahkoht
    Dahkoht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are awesome sir simply for having two pugs.

Mine is a little over 13 and a treasure

Pug power.

Beautiful-Pug-pugs-13728088-1600-1200.jpg
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siberian Huskies > Pugs
  • Kyrios
    Kyrios
    Soul Shriven
    Makkir wrote: »
    Siberian Huskies > Pugs

Indeed.
  • Dahkoht
    Dahkoht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one tops the Avenger Pugs.

tumblr_inline_mms8idOqXS1qz4rgp.gif

• Kyrios
    Kyrios
    Soul Shriven
    Well played.
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't help but to read this whole thing in Jim Jeffries voice. Thanks for the entertainment.
  • Shazbanger
    So I also have an Alaskan Malamute, seeings we have gone WILDLY off topic!

19107_10152723526641053_2750114779044411442_n.jpg?oh=45bbb9d7a52d1a21444ccd2e2c5a4673&oe=562DE886 Pug 1 = 3 years old.

11391639_913666542005601_7365572473007998294_n.jpg?oh=b06467206463abbeb901e00fd42ab5c8&oe=55E8D37E Pug 2 is 14.

Malamute is 4 years old.

10930901_10152691787246053_1213144849644567043_n.jpg?oh=c70d06a6b3e7e36b70d88409c241bcfb&oe=55F15BE3&__gda__=1445252039_1d924c70fd64448ae52ec7a530cbf63d
    Edited by Shazbanger on June 18, 2015 12:31AM
  • ZOS_Racheal
    ZOS_Racheal
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings Everyone,

As much as we enjoy seeing all of your cute pups, we just wanted to remind everyone to stay on topic (Feedback for "allowing your group members, or guild members to appear on your little bar mini-map at the top of the screen with a blue circle, or a red dot, or yellow triangle or a pink flamingo").

Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • CriD
    CriD
    ✭✭✭
    Huskies are my favorite.

On topic. OP, I know its a little more of a hassle, but when I become wildly lost from my friends....i thank the dear lord and keep it movin. Lol. no I simply pull up my map,very briefly see my characters orientation as the blue triangle, search close by for my friends. The icons are easy to see, and if you do it enough, a simple 2 second glance can point you in the right direction, and give you a tad better feel for distance to objective etc. Its not so bad....

....that being said, I would love a system where the characters name (semi transparent) would be permanently on screen when their character is not in view. Either by their health bar on the group hud, or the name, one should have distance to that person. Big enough to be visible, but transparent and small enough to not be a burden. Get stuck allocating a skill point after a mob, lost your friend when you leave the menu? No problem, go in the direction of your teammates names to rejoin.

Hope my post helped. Cheers mate.
  • Shazbanger
    CriD wrote: »
    Huskies are my favorite.

On topic. OP, I know its a little more of a hassle, but when I become wildly lost from my friends....i thank the dear lord and keep it movin. Lol. no I simply pull up my map,very briefly see my characters orientation as the blue triangle, search close by for my friends. The icons are easy to see, and if you do it enough, a simple 2 second glance can point you in the right direction, and give you a tad better feel for distance to objective etc. Its not so bad....

....that being said, I would love a system where the characters name (semi transparent) would be permanently on screen when their character is not in view. Either by their health bar on the group hud, or the name, one should have distance to that person. Big enough to be visible, but transparent and small enough to not be a burden. Get stuck allocating a skill point after a mob, lost your friend when you leave the menu? No problem, go in the direction of your teammates names to rejoin.

Hope my post helped. Cheers mate.

Hey mate, you're absolutely spot on in terms of the blue triangle, etc, but I still feel that's a bit clunky. Ideally, if I could locate my group members, without having to push the touchpad and go into the map, that would be bang on.

Also, I second your second part of the post. That's a great idea. Well done mate.
  • Gabriel_Froste
    Gabriel_Froste
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings Everyone,

As much as we enjoy seeing all of your cute pups, we just wanted to remind everyone to stay on topic (Feedback for "allowing your group members, or guild members to appear on your little bar mini-map at the top of the screen with a blue circle, or a red dot, or yellow triangle or a pink flamingo").

Thanks!
    OUR PROPHET HAS SPOKEN!

"\_(OAO)_/"

Still doesn't answer the question of whether or not we'll get those representative icons though.
    Please Refer to my Blacksmith Manual
    Rambling Anti-Manual Manual
  • IamKJ
    IamKJ
    We really do need this feature. It would make the game so much better for us.
  • delushin
    delushin
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with some tweaks as the OP suggests but would like to come in the form of an actual minimap, of course with the option to disable it for those who do like a cleaner UI.

You could then use the outer circle of the minimap to have vendor and party members showing as well as giving you a radius of the map for quick reference.
    Raven Guard - PS4 [PvE/PvP] NA Server - Daggerfall Convenant
    #1 AUS/NZ Guild - http://ravenguardclan.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/delushin
  • mikey27
    mikey27
    ✭✭
    Ye mate, updates like this only help the game, no one could complain or put a negative on such an update.

Also saw the Z infront of the thread thought you had an answer, but it was just a mod saying no dogs, not answering your question. :|
  • twizzlerite
    twizzlerite
    Soul Shriven
    Now I'm off-topic but I love how the ZOS post was even less useful than the cute doggies.
  • Shazbanger
    mikey27 wrote: »
    Ye mate, updates like this only help the game, no one could complain or put a negative on such an update.

Also saw the Z infront of the thread thought you had an answer, but it was just a mod saying no dogs, not answering your question. :|

All good mate, I doubt the mods are in a position to directly influence what features do and don't go into the game. And for the record, I'm pretty sure they love the pups :wink:
  • Ja50nX
    Ja50nX
    ✭✭✭
    haha, nicely written. I wonder how many people thought wtf at "munging down a four'n'twenty".

I am surprised I have not seen this topic raised before to be honest.
    Its not too bad if only 2 of you are grouped but 3 & up becomes a pain in the rear.

I really like CriD's idea for the health bar. Destiny has this with the players username above it & it works great.
    Edited by Ja50nX on June 18, 2015 2:14AM
    PS4 EU
    Ebonheart Pact

• mikey27
    mikey27
    ✭✭
    Shazbanger wrote: »
    mikey27 wrote: »

All good mate, I doubt the mods are in a position to directly influence what features do and don't go into the game. And for the record, I'm pretty sure they love the pups :wink:

Who doesn't o:)
    Edited by mikey27 on June 18, 2015 2:17AM
  • Shazbanger
    Ja50nX wrote: »
    haha, nicely written. I wonder how many people thought wtf at "munging down a four'n'twenty".

I am surprised I have not seen this topic raised before to be honest.
    Its not too bad if only 2 of you are grouped but 3 & up becomes a pain in the rear.

I really like CriD's idea for the health bar. Destiny has this with the players username above it & it works great.

Yeah, something like Destinys system would work well. To be fair, I don't want a minimap, I just want to make it easier so that if I spin around, I can see where my team mates are, maybe with the option to turn on/off their names/healthbar. That way, you don't have to have it on all the time, but when push comes to shove, and [snip] starts getting full on, I can see where they are, who they're fighting, and plan heals accordingly, instead of running around like a headless chook casting more heals than a fishing doctor.

[Edit to remove profanity]]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on November 12, 2021 11:51PM
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC player here... I'm having this issue as well. I've been playing since beta/launch and I remember the group member icon (^) used to show on the mini-map. I play mostly with 1 other person in PVE, so it was nice to have that marker on my map. The size of the icon on my actual screen used to be much larger when the group member was far away but in your zone. Now that marker is a tiny spec, especially as a couch+gamepad PC player.

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess ZOS removed the group member icon due to PVP.... when in a large group in Cyrodiil, the mini-map was littered with ^'s.

My proposal is to keep the new system for PVP and add the icons back to the mini-map for PVE.
    Or, add a toggle for the group member icon in mini-map in game settings.

PC-NA
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most days, I'll go to work, work hard, come home, feed my 2 pugs and my wife

So, the dogs come first?
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Shazbanger
    Most days, I'll go to work, work hard, come home, feed my 2 pugs and my wife

So, the dogs come first?

Pretty much. Wife can feed herself, dogs cannot.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else think this could be an easy fix?
    PC-NA