The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Are fish bound?

tallenn
tallenn
✭✭✭
I don't see any indications on them that they might be. However, I can't seem to list them in the guild store, and none of the traders I've searched seems to have any.

I see a great opportunity here for a large number of people. As I explain, please try not to get hung up on the numbers I use. They are just there to provide context for my example. They aren't accurate, but I promise there ARE numbers that will fit into the example with are accurate. So picture this:

You have 2 players. Player A fishes, but gets exasperated by the low drop rate of Perfect Roe. Wouldn't it be great if he could sell his fish to someone else willing to take the risk of the RNG? Player B feels that bulk is the key. He figures that by buying a large number of fish and filleting them, he'll get the proper drop rate of Roe. So let's say (again, don't get hung up on the numbers) that Roe drops 1% of the time. So, Player B should be able t expect that he'll get 1 roe for every 100 fish. Say Roe is selling quickly at 10k a pop (I've seem people adverstising for 20k, don't know if they got it, though). So say he decides he'll buy fish at 50 gold each, or 5000 gold for 100.

It's good for Player A, because he can get a good price for his fish, and not worry about filleting for ever and ever without a payout. It's good for player B, because he is essenitially buying Roe low, and selling it high. He also doesn't worry (much anyway) about the RNG, because he deals in bulk. His risk averages out over time.

Again, I know all those numbers are probably off. It's probably not 1% drop rate, and the going price is probably not 10k, etc. That doesn't matter. A free market will create the right numbers to go in all those spots (except the drop rate, that's set by ZOS).

So, what do you guys think? I see a great market for whole fish. A market that benefits everyone. Yet, I don't see how I can buy or sell them through guild traders. Am I missing something?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Might by a filter thing, similar to stolen NPC clothes. Whole fishes are not considered ingredients, so not sure where they would go. But only rare fish are bound. You can probably still trade directly.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●